Wife's ford focus

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjgooders

:?: :?: my wife's ford focus handbrake light keep flickering on when driving! the handbrake is defo not on! its been doing it for a couple of days now! any ideas anyone on what this could be????????

You checked the sensor ( switch really) under the handbrake had similar problem on my old ST focus....

It is on the bottom of the handbrake.Remove the ashtray, you may be able to get at it if you had small fingers, but if not then sadly its a case of lifting the entire central console section up to get access to the switch.

hey up chaps iv checked the fluid levels thats fine! im gona check the sensor as suggested, brake pads r low do u think that could be the root of my problem! cheers for the replies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd have thought it'd only be caused by low brake pads if the fluid was equally low as of course as the pads wear the level goes down. This does happen.

Else the switch under the handbrake used to be quite a common thing even on Puma.

Brake pads used to have a low pad warning by embedding a wire into the brake pad material. When the pad wore down, the wire came loose and showed a warning light even though the pads were ok. Will be worth a look, though I dont know if Focus's use the same detection method, I know my Focus ST doesnt.....

:grin: :grin:I will change the pads at the weekend,and see that does,then have a look at that sensor,Thanks again For letting me pick your brains.I will let you know how get on. ;p ;p :thumbs:

Now then peeps,sorted the focus out, new pads and plenty of lube around the sensor,seems to of done the trick,HAPPY DAYS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: THANKS AGAIN U KNOW YOUR STUFF!!!!!!!

if its definately the handbrake light thats flickering, then its probably a wire that has rubbed through on the switch under the h/brake lever. if so, just wrap it with insulation tape!

Latest posts

Back