Heater working randomly

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukepuma

Hi today i turned my heater on but it didnt work, then i turned the knob 1, 2, 3, 4 and it worked only on number 2 on the hot have not tried it on cold
so basically it works sometimes on number 2 hot but none of the other numbers and doesnt work at all on cold
any ideas?

Look under how to guides on the site,could be the resister pack does the air come out cold when you put it on cold if not look at changing hcv thats also in how to guide

I doubt the HCV would stop the motor from working in any other position than 2.

But then the HCV going belly up would explain the lack of changing from hot to cold and vice versa.

If it would only work on 4, then I'd suspect the Resistor. Is it melted if you take it out? Look at the guide:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=3272" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It worked fine this morning on all positions hot and cold, turning it off for a few minutes and on again, so im going to take it out this weekend

ok now nothing works, have checke fuses all fine, replaced resistor pack still not working it doesn#t work on hot or cold nor air con any ideas?
cheers

Maybe your heater panel (the one below the radio) has just given up the job?

Got a spare?

am going to try the switch idea as seen in a post i found on here as it seems the easiest option, if not it#ll be an ebay job for a spare heater panel lol cheers dal

What style one do you need? I have 2 of the later one with the cigar lighter in the panel if you can't find one.

Back