BAD: The Car Clinic Newbury

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystalpuma

Took car there for MOT - it failed on excessive movement in a top mount, which is dodgy according to Tremona (who we know to be genuine) anyway and then to top it off they have given me 4 separate advisories to do with deterioration of rubber bushes.........which have been Polyflex'd!!!!!

Not a happy bunny, almost tempted to report garage actually since the advisories stay on record and are clearly incorrect!

The place to avoid is: http://www.motnewbury.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Car Clinic Ltd
The Car Clinic
Unit 1
Arnhem Road
Newbury
RG14 5RU
Telephone: 01635 529582
Fax: 01635 580777
Email: [email protected]

I have placed a bad review on google as well so people can choose to avoid them if they wish!

you need to take it up with vosa, sounds like they didnt even look at it and assumed it would be suffering those issues

have you actually challenged the garage about it? im sure they will back track v fast if you mention vosa

I'm not sure I can be bothered; they won't be open now and I don't have much time...I suppose I ought to as a good citizen!

easy way to get your 50 quid back or a pass certificate though, 5 min phone call when theyre open

I have a pass certificate, I didn't see the advisories unfortunately until later as Kev took her in for the re-test. I will see if he wants to back me up!!

I honestly dont think you are going to get that much of a hard time, they wont want vosa involved especially if they know they are in the wrong, i envisage they will back down near straight away

I have nothing to gain though really, the MOT was only £35 plus the top mount, so I suppose I could get a refund but that's all that will happen.

...Burn the garage down...That's what I threatened when I had my 206 and the garage fitted my cambelt incorrectly and pretty much fucked up my engine. In the end they "brought" my 206 off me at a more than fair price, don't know what they did with it, but I ended up in pocket.

So threatening to burn down their livlyhood may not be legal or moral, but it gets things done.........sometimes.

Merry Christmas xD

You have knowledge that you're in the right and they're in the wrong if you go and confront them about the bushes. I'd certainly be going to see them again for an explanation! They might even be able to edit the advisories?

also remember that advisories will forever be on the computers so if you sell the car and someone checks online they will see those advisorys and potentially be put off if they havent been sorted and you come out with, what will sound like to them a load of crap excuse lol

Never selling car...I am more worried about the moral implications of allowing such a rubbish garage to continue trading...but it was only a minor annoyance really so I think I'll save myself the bother!

I'm an M.O.T Tester and looking up on the mot computer it doesn't let you select polyurethane as a type of bush the only option you have is rubber so in light of this I think you may be acting a little In haste I think you should have talked to them

Well I have not acted other than to say they are dodgy. I am having my car looked at by Tremona this coming week so I shall know for sure if the polyurethane has magically perished like rubber...

I don't think you get it guys the mot computer has all the items you can fail and advise loaded on it's data base and they are the things you can select and polyurethane is not on there it's classed as a rubber bush deteriorated not polyurethane I'm only saying this as I had a Subaru impreza owner reacting badly to the same type of advise on his car .MOT testers are damed if they do and damed if they don't

Maybe you're not getting it Mattyx that polyurethane shouldn't deteriorate?

All bushes wear and deteriorate ! I have had 2 sets of polyurethane rear axle bushes I don't see what the issue is and have no more to say on this subject

Back