Can't be trusted anymore

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VorTeX

After giving my car to the mechanic I have been using for years, this time not only do I get the car back with one of the main issues I put in to be fixed, not sorted. To my pure horror, one of my brand new alloys has been curbed by him :'(

I have also noticed a mark on the alcantara like something was shoved in the boot. :(

I put so much into this car and everytime I take a big step forward in getting it up to the standard I want, something always knocks it back.

Im really gutted to say the least. Should I not pay him what he is charging for the work? As it will cost anything between 35 and 50 quid to get it refurbished.

Does anyone know of a GOOD mechanic around the Cambridgeshire area?

First you need to let him answer the allegation, then decide what to do upon his response.

I think GK motors is near cambridge, our forum team will know better

I know how you feel. A local Ford main dealer is now avoided by me because of how the mechanics treated my last kat .... grease on the white roof lining by the light, carbon all over the plastic trim and steering wheel from the mechanic's hands, paint chipped on the edge of the wing alongside the bonnet and damaged metal under the bonnet where a tool must have slipped when changing cambelt

That is shit mate :( I wuldnt pay him for it!!

But as Ross has said you need to confront him.

Good luck mate!

see what they guy says,if i did that to a mates car or a customer i would own up.some of the garages i deliver to (wont name them and luckily they are not in the forum garage guide) have seen sockets on clean paint work with no cloth in between and when the take them of they drag them towards them! or people "steam" cleaning engines with a jetwash so electrics get wet.and the worse one is these hand car wash places where they have dropped the sponge on the floor a quick swill in a filthy big bucket and bang straight on to the next car which could be worth £500 or £50.000

I am trying to get him to waive the cost of the work for changing my wheels bearing and unseizing the read caliper slide as payment for damaging it.

What really frustrates me about the guy is I tell him what I think an issue is (CV joint or wheel bearing), and he doesn't even look at it, then tries to fob me off by saying it's the front pads that are making the noise from the front wheel. Even though I have tested the car without the pads in.... and it still makes the friggin noise!!

Grrr I just want it fixed!!

I did more than 40 miles to get all my work done for the Ring last year and it was worth the travelling :eek:k:.
40 miles isn't too bad if you know your going to get the job done right ;)

EDIT:- Just thought, I did 200+ round trip to get Chris (Tyeboi) to fit my coilovers...lol.

this is why i do all my own work! literally everything bar cambelts, mots and tyres its all done by me!

its cost me the tools, a tent and some time to figure things out but iv spent far less than paying anyone else

feeling your pain tho mate. when i get the cambelt done i will be driving to tremona and paying for a hotel!

Latest posts

Back