Clutch

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FlashBastd said:
How is the 115PS 1.8 Focus more powerful than the 125PS 1.7 puma? I also think the Focus has less torque than the Puma...

yep, exactly...jacko's got that one a bit arse for elbow..

must be looking at the wrong focus....

hence why the cover plate is so much weaker not stonger.... :? (which you can clearly feel)

Dal said:
CON1210.jpg

Drive normally : Std
Drive aggressively / track work / uprated (over FRP levels of power) : Uprated.

I think that sums it up really :eek:k: no need for a poll

It's do'able on stands if you don't mind a little pain and suffering......

will probably take all day too as opposed to 3 hrs on a ramp...

Personally i hate jobs like that under stands, it's not only dangerous, but extremely uncomfortable!..

:)

Did my bros A3 clutch in 4hours on stands, did my engine swap on stands too. Not one cut or scratch

Have to agree not the safest way, but needs must and all that. Again hardest part is getting the box back on. Just got to be cautious

Cheers for the help and oppinions guys :eek:k:

Well that's my clutch done & dusted. Just got to drive the blancmange mobile to Southampton and collect it...

Talking to my friend about it.. he confirmed it was the original clutch... so it failed at 93,000 miles. And the last 25,000 of that is in the 9 months since I have had the car - so that's a fair bit of use/abuse it has taken. Cant fault that performance at all!

He said he is quite often replacing clutches on newer cars around 50k mark now - begs the question, are the components getting shoddier & cheaper, or have driving skills/habits deteriorated?

I;d wager a weaker constuction, this makes the part cheaper, and increases revenue from maintenence costs.

picked up my OEM clutch from ford today, needless to say its not made by Ford, but by LUK.

http://www.luk.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

im prob using the 2.0l clutch then....cant remember, its all in my guide in the how too section... which also shows you how to change it yourself & even how to rebuild the whole gearbox

its 220mm tho & a much larger area, thats the important bit, couldnt care which car its off!!! the fact is it works....

dont forget also that the tc will destroy the clutch as it holds the brakes on to stop wheelspin...the spin has to go somewhere...your clutch!

hmm, was gonna edit this, wroke up on wrong side of bed!

Back