Fiesta in the Park - 13th May 2012

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherie

Fiesta in the Park 2011
Sunday 13th May
Huntingdon Racecourse, Cambridgeshire

Official website : http://www.fitp.co.uk

FITP is the first show of the season, and organised by the Fiesta Club of Great Britain. The show has received criticism from some quarters with regards to the number of trade stands last year, plus the lack of entertainment for children amongst other things. George Watson, who is the Club Chairman, has given the following response, which is reproduced with his permission:

The reason that there were no kids entertainment at the 2011 show was this; we got a phone call from the owner of the kids rides very late on the Saturday evening before the show saying that he couldn't make it. His machines had not been tested and the guy that was meant to be testing them had let him down, and as he needed his safety certs he could not attend the show, it was far too late for us as a club to arrange any other entertainment at such short notice.

I have since found another company and will hopefully have a lot more at this years show such as rock climbing wall, bungie trampolines, inflatable zorb balls both land and water based, inflatable slides and castles and hopefully lots of other rides as well. I have already booked kids go-karts to come to the event too.

The cost of food at any show is expensive but at the 2011 show the caterers did actually cut some prices on some of their food stands. This again will be brought up at the meeting with Huntingdon themselves to see if they can make further price drops for us. But on another note there is nothing to stop you from having a bbq on your clubstand as long as it is put out correctly.

The show was down on numbers at the 2011 show but I think you will find that most of the shows were down on numbers.

I have already had interest from lots of car clubs that attended the 2011 show saying that they will be back for the 2012 event so we must be doing something right.

The traders at the 2011 event was the highest number that we have had at any FITP but as they were put out in the picnic area of the showground maybe that's why you thought there numbers were down, but don't worry as they will be back into the main showground for the 2012 event, we put them out in the picnic area as a experiment but it failed so we will not be repeating the same thing again.

One of the many reasons that "Fiesta in the Park" moved from Wicksteed park was due to the fact that a lot of cars were getting damaged through speed bumps and holes in the field itself. Plus it was a nightmare to get into the show, with some people waiting over two hours trying to get in to the showground. I remember at the last show that was held at Wicksteed park seeing a stunning cossy saff having its front bumper ripped clean off after going down one of those holes.

Many thanks for your time in reading this and hope to see you at this years event

George "the git" FCGB Club Chairman

George has also stated on the FCGB forum that there will be a minutes silence to remember lost friends and loved ones.

To be a part of the ProjectPuma stand, your car doesn't have to be in concours condition, all we ask that it is clean, tidy and in a reasonably presentable condition is all we ask. We don't mind rust, it's a Ford after all! However, there are prizes in various categories which every car is automatically entered into. As with previous years, we will also be holding our own competition to win our Colin Yamamoto Memorial Trophy.

Please read this thread for details of the meet point: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=16507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Attending:

Cherie + Dal (on different stands)
Neil (hitching a lift in)

Puma Babe
Zara
Steavie
Pumajay
Bentleya
The old gimmer
Severio
Ginger Tom (not on stand, also hitching a lift)
JSB
Roots893
evilrob
slayllian
pumaracing62
scofield.1
Taliabee

Potentially:
Little_Paul
sly 1.7
jackwest100

I'll be there as usual, not sure what car I'll be in though.

Same as it always is Ross, no non-pumas on the stand.

And before you say it, yes, I know my ZS was on the the Ford Fair stand last year, but that was a last minute decision by Neil as there was a spare ticket/pass. It was never intended to be on the stand, so I didn't even bother cleaning it beforehand!

I'll more than likely be in attendance. Will of course need to park outside or bum a lift depending on whether the family comes with.

Got it Yvonne, I was surprised that anyone paid so early!

Will have to decide near the deadline, depends on car situation, money and baby

Back