Fiesta in the Park - 13th May 2012

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a look through the photos I took on my iPhone; unfortunately most of them are crap - out of focus / people walking across the shot / finger over the lens etc.

The only three good ones I took are below:

A shot featuring Yvonne's shiny MSB, Little Paul's lovely Jewel Green and Ian's stunning FRP from another angle - mental reflections on this one:
IMG_1127.JPG

The other star of the show - Steavie's miracle super-rare Thistle Purple Puma:
IMG_1136.JPG

Cherie apparently letting out a cheeky tommy squeaker thinking no-one was watching - PPPARP!:
IMG_1125.JPG

The results of the Memorial Trophy Competition are as follows:

1. General paint quality What is the quality of the bodywork and paint? Is the finish just shiny or deep and lustrous? Is the paint smooth or orange peeled? Dents? Chips? (Ignore any rust for this one!)
1st pumaracing62 (106)
2nd Bentleya (53)
3rd Evilrob (32)
Fail Steavie (-24)

2. General interior quality Is everything in good condition? Are the seats perfect and clean or ripped and dirty? Are the carpets clean and new looking or dirty and worn? Have modifications, such as gauges or aftermarket seats, been hacked in, or are they professional looking?
1st Evilrob (72)
2nd slayllian (45)
3rd pumaracing62 (42)
Fail Yvonne (-30)

3. General Cleanliness Has the car been cleaned and polished, or just wiped with gritty sponge? Are the windows and lights clean? Have the wheels been cleaned of brake dust?
1st pumaracing62 (81)
2nd Evilrob (58)
3rd slayllian (48)
Fail Talia (-30)

4. General Mechanical Quality Does it run sweet as a nut, or like a bag of bolts? Would you trust it on a long journey?
1st Evilrob (57)
2nd Bentleya (46)
3rd pumaracing62 (33)
Fail Steavie (-30)

5. No expense spared Which car do you think has had the most money spent to keep it on the road, or on modifications?
1st pumaracing (95)
2nd Bentleya (52)
3rd Steavie (31)

6. Most original. Ford exhaust? Ford wipers? Original mats? Ford Stereo?
1st Pumababe (62)
2nd Taliabee (58)
3rd Bentleya (34)

7. The Spirit of BOK Which car has the best mods? The most unique mods? Who has truly been inventive and innovative, both mechanically and cosmetically?
1st pumaracing62 (90)
Joint slayllian (38)
2nd Roots893 (38)

8. Rusty old banger! Simple, which car has fallen foul to the dreaded tin worm?
1st Taliabee (-106)
2nd Scofield.1 (-47)
3rd Steavie (-33)

9. The overall package Which car brings everything together in the best package?
1st pumaracing62 (72)
2nd Bentleya (62)
3rd Evilrob (47)

Overall Totals
1st pumaracing62 (530)
2nd Evilrob (333)
3rd Bentleya (47)

The coveted Wooden Spoon award
Taliabee (-107)

As always, a massive thank you to everyone who came, it's always the people that make these things worth the effort. :eek:k:

Thanks for a great day out guys an gals, I got in at 5:30 an also look like a lobster dispite wearing cream!
(Mrs had no sympathy for me! lol)
Was nice to chat with you all again, an my congratulations to Ian an his FRP. Also thanks for bringing the thistle puma!
I found it really hard voting as everyones car looked good!
I do think we had one of the best stands there today tho. (everyone else were being lazy compared to us!) :cool:
Have we got a thread for our picures yet?

Dal's just started a thread for photos.. seeing as I only took 4, and they were all pretty boring!

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=16769" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm back, and very beetroot-esque!

Great to see all the usual suspects, and was good to chat to Rob, Aaron, and anyone else I've missed!

Right, I'm off to go and stick my head in a bucket of after sun... :oops:

OUCHHHHHHH...... Glad we weren't the only 1s who looked like a mobile lighthouse on the way home :grin: .... And Rob thanks very much fella will get Dal to do a spec list for you ( although going by the conversation on the way home think the subs are going to be working this week so will probably be later on when she's finished) :p

Thanks for a great day all, cant move from sunburn, at least we had the weather :lol:

Han & Rich.

Looks like you all had a great day, this was the first time I've missed FITP for a long time but I plan to be back next year!

I did intend to come down to the meet point on the bike to drop off the trophy but decided to do it Saturday.

Thanks to everyone involved for organising and attending our favourite event!

As Gary said yesterday, I did say in the important information that you'd need suncream. However, just bringing it with you isn't enough, you need to put it on for it to work! :lol: I remembered to put some on, and although I'm a little pinker in places, I'm not actually burnt (for a change!)

Back