help need on wheels

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are different, have the right PCD and at £985 are a steal:-

1.jpg

(I don't personally like them, nor have I checked the offset suitability. My preference for road is the standard wheels of for track the Speedlines)

ot keen on them, nor the standard ones and as I need to refurb the standard ones I'm getting a new set, speedline turinis or pro race 1.2's seem my only option but wanted something different

I think the originals powdercoated anthracite look mint. I'm also a big fan of compomotive MO5's and MO6's, and there are some team dynamics pro race 3 that are very similar to MO5's. I had a set of speed line corse on mine which seemed to suit the car. Its quite hard to get wheels with the correct offset to clear the front calipers.

RyanG said:
Hi guys I can't decide on wheels for my racing puma, any suggestions will be appreciated :)

Just out of interest, why do you want to change them?

I'd definitely stick with the originals - don't ruin it.

But if you really, REALLY had to change them, go for Speedline Turini 17's or something. Like this:

Ford_Racing_Puma_40-1.jpg

PumaNoob said:
I think the originals powdercoated anthracite look mint. I'm also a big fan of compomotive MO5's and MO6's, and there are some team dynamics pro race 3 that are very similar to MO5's. I had a set of speed line corse on mine which seemed to suit the car. Its quite hard to get wheels with the correct offset to clear the front calipers.

Im just not keen on the originals, im fitting my 330mm 4pot ap racing brakes aswell so need a good clearence wheel. I like the mo5's on yours but its difficult to get them in et25. my brother has the mo6's on his rs2000 but dont think they suit the puma. i put a 9x18 mo6 on today and fit but dont want 18's due to gearing when i build the new engine, so 9x17 team dynamics 1.3 seem my favourite wheel but its difficult to get tyres to fit especially because id like it a little lower on gaz coilovers without catching.
do you have any pics handy of your car on the corse wheels? also any idea how much you can lower an frp without it catching?

thanks, Ryan

audio84 said:
I'd definitely stick with the originals - don't ruin it.

But if you really, REALLY had to change them, go for Speedline Turini 17's or something. Like this:

Ford_Racing_Puma_40-1.jpg

i quite like them just been done a few times, i think they suit the car though

Neil said:
RyanG said:
Hi guys I can't decide on wheels for my racing puma, any suggestions will be appreciated :)

Just out of interest, why do you want to change them?

just think there are alot of other nice wheels out there, plus mine need refurbing anyway so it seems a good time to get a new set.

The FRP looks like it can be lowered a LOT, but it actually cant, if you lower it on GAZ coilovers to their max, you could do with grinding away at the lip on the underside of the chassis leg, as a 215 40 17 tyre catches on very hard cornering. Also the rear tyre catches on the rear mud flap (if the rear is lowered the same as the front). But it still looks like it needs lowering a bit when fully down!! The other issue is the angle of the wishbones and driveshafts, it puts more strain on them, and also changes the camber too negative, so a happy medium between looks and handling need to be reached.

As for the pic with the speedlines, i dont have pics, but i have a video. The colour is a bit pants, but if you can see past that, i quite like them. If you skip to 1.05 you get a good view of them
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPaTMHkFvn0[/youtube]

PumaNoob said:
The FRP looks like it can be lowered a LOT, but it actually cant, if you lower it on GAZ coilovers to their max, you could do with grinding away at the lip on the underside of the chassis leg, as a 215 40 17 tyre catches on very hard cornering. Also the rear tyre catches on the rear mud flap (if the rear is lowered the same as the front). But it still looks like it needs lowering a bit when fully down!! The other issue is the angle of the wishbones and driveshafts, it puts more strain on them, and also changes the camber too negative, so a happy medium between looks and handling need to be reached.

As for the pic with the speedlines, i dont have pics, but i have a video. The colour is a bit pants, but if you can see past that, i quite like them. If you skip to 1.05 you get a good view of them

brilliant, thanks for your help. I dont want to go too low but definately down a bit. ive got my heart set on the team dynamics, would have to run a 245-35-17 on them which im near 100% sure will fit, any more info would be appreciated :)

i think the speedlines look good on yours but i think a multi spoke wheel is the way to go

Back