millie leather recaro electrics

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milburn7191

Hey guys hope someone can help...

I have recently put the leather recaros from a millie in my puma (very comfy!) but the height adjust on my seats is now electric...what can I hard wire this into?
If someone can get a voltage reading from their millie height adjust switch that may help.

come on I have faith someone on here will be able to help! :eek:k:

Not that hot on electrics but at a guess you could in theory wire it from almost any wire with at least a 20 amp fuse at the other end, prefferably something non ignition controlled to allow for seat adjustment with the engine off.

Somebody far more knowledgeble than me will no doubt be along soon :grin:

zinc2000 said:
Not that hot on electrics but at a guess you could in theory wire it from almost any wire with at least a 20 amp fuse at the other end, prefferably something non ignition controlled to allow for seat adjustment with the engine off.

Somebody far more knowledgeble than me will no doubt be along soon :grin:

I need to wire it from something which is the same voltage and the motor will draw the required current...if this is more than the fuse in the circuit it will melt (Blow) the fuse.
My plan is to wire it into a circuit of the same voltage but which already draws far more current so that the motor shouldn't blow the fuse...that's my theory :cool:

lusid666 said:
all the electrics on the car are 12v so hook into a nice large fuse and you should be ok

I probably should have known that :oops:

...spoilt for choice now :thumbs:

Back