My Hyundai Coupe V6

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zenithus

I thought I'd actually start a topic on it, just to keep all my thoughts together more than anything else!

Hyundai Coupe Gen3 2.7 V6
------------------
2656cc
165bhp
181lb-ft torque
28mpg combined (LIES)

Electric sunroof, mirrors, windows
Climate control
Cruise control
Leather interior

Now I don't have anything planned for it yet, I want to at least get university out of the way first so that puts everything off till June, but a couple of people have mentioned de-tangoing the exterior, by way of fitting the Gen3.5 tail and headlights, which might be a nice easy option.
Performance-wise, it might be a possibility to get the engine quickly chipped, as i'm sure theres a lot of untapped power in there, and that could quickly add 20+ bhp without much trouble.

Anyway, for now I'll just share a couple of pics from the Leicester meet up here, where I actually managed to keep up with the much-better-handling Pumas in front of me :)

Heres a Hyundai V6 weve played with, we didnt do the graphics, just some engine upgrades. Sounds nice, wish it went as good as it sounds though!!!

2086235880101047979S600x600Q85.jpg

Yeah Rob I wouldn't say it was an overworked setup, but it means if I want to have a play around with it later on theres always plenty of untapped potential.

Is there much of a support network? People doing head and cam work on that V6 to free it up some?

I haven't had much of a look yet to be honest. I'm desperately trying not to spend unneeded money at the moment after buying it, so I'll be waiting for a while yet, but that'll be the sort of thing I look for when the time comes I think.

always kind of liked these... the styling is good, the new one looks great, but just not a fan of the way they drive, feel heavy and cumbersome on the road, although id imagine a few bhp's and some good suspension will sort that!

Back