My new puma :D

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not updated for a long time but thought i would add a few updates, firstly i have put in a new luk clutch and slave, i have bought the puma a set of genuine 16" cossie wheels with stretched tyres, i removed the old kw coilovers and it is now on spax 35mm springs and original shocks. I have this ongoing problem with loud squeeks from both front lower arms so they need to be replaced.
Also changed track rod ends yesterday and had the tracking done. Its amazing how the track rod ends have improved the hold on the road, the steering wheel does not drop down into potholes like it did before.
Done a service also, new 5w30 fully synthetic oil and cleaned out the airbox k&n panel filter, also fitted a new sticker on the boot lol, because racecar! Anyway pics

Not a fan of stretched tyres, but the wheels look great - far better than the white alloys. Also loving the green Fiesta! We were after that colour but couldn't find one with the 1.6 Zetec engine so ended up with the blue that everyone else seems to have around here. Did you manage to fix the clunking from the rear struts?

I'm not so sure about stretched tyres either, but she's looking good. May I ask what prompted the track rod end change? My steering has no play, but does clonk sometimes with potholes+lock. There's not really any play to speak of though.

The stretched tyres came with the wheels, not mega keen on them but they are all brand new, so not too fussed for now, never had stretched tyres before!
I changed the track rod ends because i noticed that when i drove over small potholes/ broken up road tarmac in my puma the steering wheel would drop down into the holes.
After driving our new Mk7 titanium fiesta i realised that it felt more sturdy and potholes were not as bad to go over.
so i figured if i make parts new on the puma then it will handle better and it does, also it doesn't take long to change the track rod ends

Another thing for me to do then! I have a set of new track rod ends but been putting off slapping them on, but mine tramlines like nothing else.

Just a little update, sold my cossie wheels and now have satin black 9 spoke puma wheels again. And i bought this today....

Can anyone tell me, if i respray the cam cover gloss white, can i get the racing puma decals from anywhere?

Not bad, tbh i never pushed it that much. I think if you like the puma to feel more sporty and track like then get some light 15s

I bought a puma engine cover from lordB on here for a fiver so i could cut it down and send it off to the paintshop gor my new frp engine, also bought a white roose frp indiction hose but that is yet to turn up.
Pics of before and after.
After cutting down and sanding

After painting :)

Removed my frp inlet from the other engine i bought today, took my about 15
Mins to remove, will be fitting to my car tomorrow. Also my roose white frp hose turned up so took a pic with my new modified cover

Little update, bought two monroe brand new rear shocks and genuine ford top mounts and Lo brand 40mm springs and fitted them today, yet to change the front springs. All bangs/knocks have stopped on the rear now. Pics!

My old shocks when compressed barely came back up at all so i think i definately made the right decision my only question is, where the shock bolts to the rear beam there is a bush built into the beam, does that need replacing? Can it be polybushed?

Replaced front shocks and springs yesterday with new top mounts again so all suspension is now new, drives like it too :)
Fitted two new toyo proxy t1r's on the front.
Also bought a new steering wheel from ebay!
Pics to follow

Back