My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting to hear about the decals...

... but after a few dodgey looks from coppers i decided to fit a full size legal number plate to the bonnet, trimmed down abit tho lol

pics to follow!... also car needs a proper valet and a wax

Picked up the bargain of the century today, 2 orginal ford wishbones for £25 off ebay!! will be fitting powerflex bushes and replacing the ball joints on them, then its a major service on the car....

.... just cant stop spending money on the bloody car!

Been spending on the car again..... Ford fair was and expensive trip for me lol

Bought a new 4 branch piper manifold, then jacko was selling bits out of his boot so i had one of each lol.... got a new cylinder head that im gonna port and polish and put some piper cams in, also got a flowed MAF and throttle body.

Then today i got busy on the weight loss programme again, stripped all the sound proofing out of the boot floor, cant believe how much all the lot weighs when its all bagged up!!! Then i took the roodf lining out! little bit more wind noise in the car but i can live with that!

Will post some pics up at some point!

haha yeah i found that same thing out jay. the carpet and roof lining weighs loads but more suprising was all of the sound proofing. i did the whole car and was shocked.

Nice motor mate liking the hoses bin looking on the website might get me some for mine but in the green. Where did you get the battery cover from mate?

battery cover was from carbon mods...

... now have the 4 branch manifold fitted and the battery will be put in the boot at some point this week, will post some pics up soon lol

also had the car on the rolling road, pre 4 branch it was 125bhp and 150nm torque and now with the 4 branch and jacko's flowed bits its making 133bhp and 166nm torque which im well happy with, just need to get some newman cams in and get a dastek piggy back ecu fitted and it should be looking at 140-140bhp with good torque aswell...

also looking at getting some bike tb's on it, want some with injectors on the the tb so i think its gonna be something like hayabusa ones, which should safisfy my power needs untill i can be bothered/afford to supercharge it

Right time for some pics... finally!

been playing with the puma quite abit lately so thought i stick some pics up, decided to give it a quick wash and polish.

also can show you my new mods...

Reloceted the battery into the boot (Not finished properly yet) and that freed up room under the bonnet so filled it with a catch tank some more orange hoses, also fitted new performance ignition leads and new spark plugs, and my piper 4 branch, the noise the car makes is now insane, its so loud! pops and bangs like nothing else! also painted the strut brace black seeing as the green no longer matched the colour scheme

anyway pics..

Lupo106Puma050.jpg

Lupo106Puma054.jpg

Lupo106Puma051.jpg

i got bored the other day and started to peel a sticker off which then ended in me pulling them all off, i quite like the de stickered look, looks much more sleek and mean, going for a stealthy street sleeper look with the puma at the min,

wanted to make the car look different in other was aswell, so i bought myself another bootlid off jacko and fitted that, never really like the spoiler that was on the car when i bought it and it looks 100% better IMO

Lupo106Puma038.jpg

and justa few shots of the puma

Lupo106Puma074.jpg

Lupo106Puma060.jpg

Lupo106Puma037.jpg

Lupo106Puma042.jpg

The car goes into the workshop tomorrow, being kept away for the winter and ive bought a focus diesel for the time being, really gonna miss hooning about in my little puma, but it gives me time to fix all the little niggles and make it even better!!

and dont worry, there's gonna be plenty of pics of the progress!

Jay,

Nice work mate and nice pics mate!

I'm taking the same approach over the winter, fix a few bits and get it back out in the Spring better than ever!

I think you're right about the stickers, just a few small ones is better than plastering them on I think :)

yeh ive got stacks of stickers that ive collected over the years, so i often put a few on then get bored and pull them all off..

...puma is now locked away for the winter, hoping to start work on next weekend with the first job being stripping the rest of the interior pieces out so i can then remove all the sound deadening, trim the dashboard back and bolt some bucket seats in!

Hi Jay, long time no speak. Car looks amazing, definitely making me wonder about going for black if/when I get another puma. Very mean looking, top work

im toying with a full respray in thunder grey if i can get it done cheap enough, its gotta have most of the panels painted anyway when it goes into the bodyshop for the rust to be taken care of

chris3boro said:
Hi Jay, long time no speak. Car looks amazing, definitely making me wonder about going for black if/when I get another puma. Very mean looking, top work

personally Id say black is the most rewarding colour mate ;)

Back