My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha yeh... mine is bad for rust but zara'a old one beats it easliy!!

Got my aerocatch bonnet latches yesterday, should stop the CF bonnet from lifting when i get to 80mph...on track days of course! :p

Actually made a start on the car today, spent a couple of hours at the unit today and made my first task to rid the car of the rest of its interior..

Removed the seats, carpet, sound deadening, gaiters, speakers, seatbelts... pretty anything that isnt needed! well to me its not needed anyway

anyway a few pics

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

Next job is to get the car on axle stands and get the brakes, coilovers, rear beam and few other bits off and up to the powder coaters to tidy it all up, then its off to the bodyshop to get the shell fixed up and rid the car of the typical ford rot!!!

Started stripping the dashboard down ready for me to get it out so i can trim it down and get it flocked, very tedius annoying job, but its another one that needs to be done!

63439_469869589141_504069141_5837108_7656787_n.jpg

also had these arrive yesterday morning aswell

155832_469960299141_504069141_5839285_2125456_n.jpg

jay your car is fully striped fro the track, do you see a big diffrence when driving it, also love the carbon fiber bonnet , car looks great :eek:k:

yeh you can really feel it, weight just kills the fun of driving cars, its abit twitchy at the rear with the lack of weight over the rear tyres but nothing a dab of oppo doesnt sort!

More updates!!

been back at the unit today with the sole interest of getting the dash out... well what a F#######G ball ache of a job that was!! the chance of me being able to put it back in properly are slim and none!

ah well at least i can now get the dash up to my mates for flocking, can also make a better job of what ford did of putting the loom in behind the dash!

anyway a few pics...

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

had abit of a mare on saturday, i got my dash back from being flocked and as i took it out the back of my focus i caught it on the boot trim and it peeled abit of the flock off from the dash... was not impressed!! but luckily my mate is coming up to repair it for me so it should look ok when its done!

also ordered my carbon fibre door cards today from performance trim!

Spent a few hours on the car today, nothing major but i managed to get all the sound deadening from behind the dash board out...took some doing but well worth it for weight saving!

Made a start on fitting my aero catch bonnet latches aswell, by far the scariest thing ive ever done is cutting holes in a very expensive carbon fibre bonnet! was really taking my time over it so only got the one done but it looks really smart and tidy, so well happy with it all

Also went to maplins and bought some Toggle switches with red LED's in the end, so they should look nice and tidy set in some carbon fibre on the dash board... not sure what i'l wire them up to yet but i'l think of something!

I forgot to take any pics of the progress so i'l get some next time!

More money been spent on the puma, went to autosport show on sunday and bought new bucket seats and some slim line wing mirrors...

....ive also been up to scarborough today and picked up a fibreglass bootlid, its so light its unreal!

Right Finally remebered to take my camera to the unit with me so this time theres some pics!!

Main job for today was to get my flocked dash in and get the dash built back up and remove the rest of the sound deadening

so 1st job was the tedious one of scraping the sound deadening from under the drivers seat and in the footwell, such a pain in the arse to do but worth the weight saving!

Picture006.jpg

with that done i moved onto getting the dash in, its been the one job ive been dreading doing, was such effort to get it out and all the wiring needed tidying up aswell

me hard at work.....

Picture007-1.jpg

and after a couple of hours messing about it looked like this

Picture012-1.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

that was all ive done today, still need to make the carbon panels for the dash so i can fit my kill switch, probably be tomorrows job.

Also took a few pics of bits that ive got to fit and bits ive started fitting...

Got one of my aero catch latches fitted, havent been able to do the other side yet as ive ran out of cutting discs for my dremel

Picture018.jpg

New TRS 4 Point harnesses waiting to go in

Picture017.jpg

my carbon fibre reserves for making up various panels

Picture020-1.jpg

me and a few mates went to autosport on sunday so i ordered my new seats

RMD maximum protection seats in black

RDS001B.jpg

and i also ordered some slim line wing mirrors from rally design

SW-BlackProd.jpg

oh and i also took a drive up to scarborough yesterday and came back with this....

Picture016.jpg

Very lightweight fibreglass boot, its basically just a single skin and weighs about 5kg,
just need to order a polycarb window for it then work out how im gonna attach it to the car

just to demonstate how light it actually is....

Picture015.jpg

and then just a pick of how the car looks at the minute

Picture024.jpg

Got my bucket seats and wing mirrors today (Pics tomorrow)

will hopefully get the mirrors fitted tomorrow and also gonna make some carbon panels for the dash and wire in my kill switch!

then ive just gotta work out how to make fit my seats

This is looking quality Jay, exactly what I want to do to mine when I have the time. Certainly makes it look like a real track toy/ weapon. Good idea for locating the kill switch.
Top job, all the best.
Scott

cheers, yeh im getting there with it now, will add more at various stages, just wanna get it back on the road now its killing me not having it

Back