My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh get your arse over and come help me finish it off!!

Not sure what im doing with the mirrors yet, still need to decide if i want to fit the new ones or not

looks good jay! looking forward to the finished product!

i dont know if you have got rid of that sound proof glue get but if not white spirit and a sharp chisel works wonders. I did it on mine ages ago and was very happy with the clean panels left behind but its a messy job

good luck speak soon. hopefully at easter my car will be fully resprayed, undersealed and on its new wheels that are ET20 so will have a much wider track than ur recent facebook comment pointed out lol

haha yeh you deffo need some wider wheels on the mx...

yup all the sound proofing has been removed just need to clean the panels up, done the back end and it comes up nice and clean, plenty of white spirit and rags!

Going back up on sunday to see what bits i can get done!

Couple of pics....

had the strut brace and rocker painted orange, also painted my wishbones aswell

was gonna do them black but i couldnt find my black hammerite so got the first tin i could find which was my orange caliper paint... looks better than how they did anyway

will get pics of them all fitted on sunday as im back up the unit working on the car again

Picture028-1.jpg

Picture029-1.jpg

Picture031-1.jpg

Spent another afternoon at the unit today and got a few more bits done on the car, will hopefully be getting it back on the road by the end of the month...Fingers crossed anyway!!

Made the job of the day fitting the wishbones and powerflex bushes, took a couple of hours to do but eventually got them in, chipped alot of the orange paint off tho as i had to hit them with a hammer a few times, but i'l paint them again when i get time..

Picture048-2.jpg

Picture047-2.jpg

Also fitted the freshly painted rocker cover, strut brace and re fitted the oil catch tank

Picture042-2.jpg

Picture039-2.jpg

Then.... More Carbon!! made a neat little cover for the fuse box and fitted the carbon mud flaps, also tidied the centre console up

Picture033-1.jpg

Picture035-2.jpg

Picture045-2.jpg

Thats ir for this update, need to replace the anti roll bar drop links then thats the suspension sorted and ready to go

warrenpenalver said:
looking good jay!! did you leave out the metal in the dash?? also did you cut out the excess unused wiring from the loom??

i havent trimmed the metal out of the dash, and the wiring hasnt been done yet, im just wanting the get the car on the road at the min, missing driving it so much, plus it will give me something to do over the year

update time!!

been doing the final few bits and bobs on the puma, will hopefully be back out on the road next weekend, just need to get the seats and carbon door cards fitted!

heres a few pics of what ive been up to...

Finished off the aero catches
Picture050-2.jpg

TRS tow strap bolted on
Picture052-1.jpg

Picture054-1.jpg

bought and fitted a new dished steering wheel, loads better than my old flat bottom one
Picture051-1.jpg

Built the front end back up
Picture053-1.jpg

Then been putting some stickers on...
Picture060-1.jpg

Picture059-1.jpg

Picture057-1.jpg

Also sorted the kill switch sorted, gonna be getting a smaller lighter battery to fit behind the passenger seat, car is going to my mates unit on wednesday night for the seats to be fitted then its all good!

i used the tow eye that comes with the car, just had the bolt end of it chopped off then used mole grips to tighten it up!

anyway, the car passed its mot yesterday so ive been blasting about in it all weekend..

..few pics

Picture064-2.jpg

Picture067-2.jpg

Picture066-2.jpg

Picture062-1.jpg

Picture061-1.jpg

Car is off back to my mates unit on monday evening, having the carbon doorcards fitted, was going to do them myself but just havent got the time at the minute.

Also need to find a good place that does wheel allignment, tacking is a fairway out at the moment, but even so it handles and drives brilliantly, so happy to have it back on the road! makes a change to the boring (but bullit proof) focus diesel ive ben using since october

Got a few more other bits done on the car, had the door cards fitted a while ago now but only just go round to taking pics, i also had to put the radio back in the car, it was doing my head in not having music to listen to!

pic of the door cards - stickers have since been removed
Picture018-1.jpg

Fitted my Carbon Fibre FRP splitter that zara removed from her bag of nails :wink:
Picture026-1.jpg

Will be doing my carbon wing mirrors tomorrow, and i also need to re attach the scoop for the air box on the front bumper, fell off the other week :evil:

then its back onto gathering parts for the next stage of the puma's development!

:eek: ...OMG ...ive just spent 2 hours reading from start to finish all about your project and its blown my mind ....Looks AWESOME!!!!! .... ...and i must admit that was a better read that steven gerrards autobiography Hahaha .....Cant believe how much time and effort you`ve put in put the gains must be well worth it ...TRUE PUMA HEAD!!!! ...Think you should get an award from Ford for that matey ;) .....Keep up the good work and hope to be able to grace my eyes with seeing it in real life one day at a show .....RESPECT!!! ...hedley :cool:

haha cheers dude, the cars been a labour of love, and will continue to be! got plenty of other bits that i wanna do on the car! the winter will be another good one for the car!

Latest posts

Back