Newbie from scotland

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MWTech

hey folks

been members of various car forums over the years

Im martin, im based in Scotland, I am an imports and performance parts supplier, all work iv done so far is in the japanese car market, although im sure some parts would suite some people here :)

I have a Mazda RX7 time attack car and Mitsubishi Evo 5 fast road car

and ofcourse, A Ford Puma 1.7 16v for the daily driving

Black, 1998, with only 33k miles! i couldnt believe it when i saw the advert, i had to go see it!

2 previous owners, one of which had the car for 8 years from new, full service and receipt booklet. its really very tidy, and amazing on fuel so i cant complain!

as i do with every car when i get it, i get involved in the owners club as its far more informative than any car garage in my opinion

site looks good :)

Welcome along - sounds like you found a little cracker :eek:k:

thanks

yeah, car is excellent so far, engine and gearbox all feels very tight and new, and its so so quiet sitting idling.

its been a very good buy :)

Hey welcome along nice car shame about the high mileage :p lol only joking sounds like a nice car collection you have any pic's?

thanks for the welcome

yeah, the mileage is rediculous, 33k on a 12 year old car, whats that all about eh! :D

the 1998 evo 5 is the same... 42k miles, good healthy power of approx 400bhp

and the 1992 rx7, the chassis has done 118k kilometres so 70 something K, the engine since i rebuilt it and tuned to around 450bhp has done 9/10k kilometres

will post up pictures of all cars later

im not sure if im a member of the 1000bhp horsepower club, i cant be far off it though!

Alreet!

Blimey sounds like you got yourself a corker there mate! :D

MWTech said:
yeah, the mileage is rediculous, 33k on a 12 year old car, whats that all about eh! :D

My FRP had 31K on the clock when I picked her up in 2008.

im in the Fife area, and quite often in Aberdeen

here are some pics of the mazda rx7, should be competing in every round of Time Attack 2011 and other track events :)

And a local Motorbike rider who I help out, competes in some events of the British Superbikes and East Fortune Melville Rounds

yamaha r1 race bike

pics of the evo coming soon, few changes going on :)

Hi there

Finally, another Scottish Puma owner - hurrah! I'm in Glasgow with an 02 Panther Black 1.7, and see loads of Pumas around (like 2-3 daily!) but haven't seen another PP member from Scotland before. D'you know of/can recommend any good Puma-friendly garages in the central belt - am happy to travel for a recommendation. I'm planning the usual (bit of bodywork on the arches and a little rust patch on the drivers side sill), plus need the boot leak fixed and some general advice on tightening up performance - any garage advice would be really welcome!

I've only had my Kat for about 4 months, and am still love love loving it - hope you're smiling every time you get into yours ;-)
r

for any mechanical work, unless i do it myself i use a local garage who do all the work on my evo. the garage is owned by a friend, the mechanic is a friend, and a lot of people who go there are friends haha...were all friends! :D

bodywork wise, i cant recommend the guy who did my rx7 enough, there was a couple faded bits here and there and slight dings and track scars, everything was straightened out and made like new again, and the paintwork was excellent...and price was good considerin how much i asked him to do

give me a message if you fancy trecking through this way and cant get any recommendations through your way

Welcome along. Puma is a nice fun run around.
Love the look of how you have the RX-7 set up.
Also Scotland, but up northwards, near Inverness for now.

puma is costing me 180 something pounds tomorrow :evil: :evil:

jumped in it to head to my grandparents yesterday, turned the car in the back garden and by the time i got to the end of the drive at the front of house my power steering had gone, and only when i looked at it after being parked outside their house, had a small puddle of fluid on the filler side, the bottle of fluid was empty and the hoses have corroded...gutted!

so all new ones fitted and new fluid tomorrow

its a bit of a painful one cause i just bought these bad boys at the end of last week for the rex, super noodles for dinner rest of the week! :evil:

18 x 10 Rota GTR drift series, Toyo T1R tyres 255 front and 275 rear

finally some pics of the evo, taken about 1 week ago when me and my friend just went for a drive...as you do... one of our favourite local "private" roads officer...

a few things done since i first got it, subtle changes...the car used to have clear indicators on it, but i changed them to tango ones. the bonnet insert to the side of the centre vents is now carbon fibre. i have a carbon exhaust gaurd still to fit, repsol orange brake lines still to fit, and cusco lower H brace still to fit :) also, going to put the gold SSR wheels on it when i fit the new rotas to the rx7 :)

hope you like :)

Latest posts

Back