OBD2 Bluetooth can't read ECU

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireFly90

So i bought this little bluetooth reader off eBay about a week ago and plugged it in to the port, it powers up and connects to my phone okay but it can't seem to connect to the ECU. This could mean one of 2 things:-

A. The scanner can't pick up on the J1850 PWM protocol, in which case i'd need a new scanner.
B. The loom for the ECU to the diagnostics port has faults, not sure how to remedy.

No problems in mine, sometimes you might need to unplug and plug in again but otherwise works great.

I also bought one that was J1850 PWM compliant and that has never worked on my Puma. Works in every other car I've tried including Fords.

I'm not convinced they work on the earlier Puma's but I'd have thought yours would be ok.

I bought this and it worked fine for me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261133986621?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I may be wrong but adding a phone to the equation would seem to introduce the possibility of incompatibility that doesnt exist with an independant unit. Having said that iirc someone didnt have any luck getting the above item working.

:grin: seems that way :grin: and even then when it appears to work in my case saying "no faults" is it correct? :crazy:

quest63 said:
I bought this and it worked fine for me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261133986621?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I may be wrong but adding a phone to the equation would seem to introduce the possibility of incompatibility that doesnt exist with an independant unit. Having said that iirc someone didnt have any luck getting the above item working.

Basically i was after one to give real-time on stuff like MPG, temperatures, AF ratios etc, not just error codes.

Get a Scanguage - they definitely work. I've got one!

IMG_0859.JPG

Latest posts

Back