Project Aiya (Pic heavy)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yippeekiay said:
Lovely job on the interior and a cracking job on the front slam panel.

How much to clean my interior??????????????????? ;)

haha, thanks just trying to keep it clean now is a pain after all that work! :lol:

I have just read your whole thread. I'm very impressed with what you have done so far.

I just got my car this week and I'm sure there is a whole lot needing done but I'm not mechanical at all so don't know where to begin. I'm sure this thread will be a great reference for me though so thank you!

I reckon once I start doing bits and bobs the car will take over my life, my OCD will kick in and I won't be able to stop!

Just one quick question for you, how easy is it to waxoyle the underside? I will be stripping out my rear arch liners at some point soon and waxoyling the whole underside. I have a loan of a spray gun to do this. I've been advised to heat the waxoyle up then just spray everywhere except the exhaust. Is it really this simple?

I'm loving the wheel mounted CD controls. I defo fancy giving that a go (once I get a CD player!!).

(The picture of your dashboard removed and all interior out would be enough to make me sell my car, I'd have no ide where I'd even start to put that back together!!)

Jono

Hi Jono, Tanks for the feedback :eek:k:
I'm no expert with underselling, but basically cleaned up, Hammerited and waxoyld the worst areas including all those little suspect nooks and crannies (the seat mountings) and also don't forget to blast into all the box sections as these usually rot from the inside out, I found the n/s to be worst as you would suspect.
I really need to get round to stone chipping the underside eventually which will give a much more durable finish. but it gives me peace of mind for the time being knowing the waxoyl is treating the rust, not just covering it up!

Another place you want to waxoyl is inside the rear arches get at them by removing the rear interior trim if you can. I found it vital to heat the waxoyl up first otherwise it comes out all gloopy and jams up the sprayer.

The dash was a bit of a nightmare, put it this way I certainly wouldn't want to do it again! :pinkeye:

Final note, if you have OCD pumas are a bad idea!! I am obsessed, I'm not sure when this obsession will end or if it ever will! lol. Pumas just look so good and handle so well!

Tonight I'm planning on removing and colour coding the spare wheel tray, rather than the current black. Also going to use the time to Waxoyl the rear box sections and check the general condition of the rear underside. If I get time she could also do with a clean up and polish.

This weekend I'm planning on fitting the new front speakers and re-sealing the front door insulation. I also plan on fitting my new fan type heated washer jets from 2011 focus and replacing the radio suppression lead, which disintegrated last weekend!

slayllian said:
These are the wheels I will be getting and I'm also going to fit side stripes, quickly mocked something up in Photoshop.....

Aiya by slayllian, on Flickr
Not entirely sure about those wheels (as I really like the ones you have on at the moment) but quite liking the stripes!

Sterling effort on the car though! Really wish I had time to do these things to mine but it'll just have to stay looking unloved for the time being!

Keep it up! :cool:

I'm not a fan of the wheels either BUT with the stripes aswell they do compliment each other, i think if you got the stripes but not the wheels it wouldnt look right and vise versa :)

yeah, know what you mean they go together well, I'm respraying my old wheels black as a temporary solution to the offset problem this weekend, so I will see how that looks, but still got my heart set on the assassins when I can afford them, the other wheels I was looking at were the Team Dynamics Monza R's in black?.

Quick update: Original F1 style alloys going back on car until I can afford new rims, so been chipping away at the corrosion tonight, getting them ready to be re-painted black over the weekend, but having second thoughts, quite liking the idea of anthracite now, but that wont go with the black stripes I want?? Think I will stick to the plan, silver and black!!

Anyway coming along nicely and I'm hoping will look good until I can get the ??? (Monza's or Assassins) next year lol!!

Should be looking like this come next week, going to add the stripes once the arches are done:

5934002823_d4be8cc4cc_b1 by slayllian, on Flickr

I was just looking at DMB graphics site and spotted some gel overlays, thinking black and chrome ford badges for the wheel centers and black and chrome front and rear badges, sweet!! :cool:

Heated washer jets are now in and working (from 2011 focus) Only problem I found is it puts a rather large drain on the engine when they are operating with the heated front screen (about the same as the aircon). But on the bright side no more frozen washer jets this winter!! :grin:

slayllian said:
Quick update: Original F1 style alloys going back on car until I can afford new rims, so been chipping away at the corrosion tonight, getting them ready to be re-painted black over the weekend, but having second thoughts, quite liking the idea of anthracite now, but that wont go with the black stripes I want?? Think I will stick to the plan, silver and black!!

Anyway coming along nicely and I'm hoping will look good until I can get the ??? (Monza's or Assassins) next year lol!!

Should be looking like this come next week, going to add the stripes once the arches are done:

5934002823_d4be8cc4cc_b1 by slayllian, on Flickr

anthracite stripes could work with those wheels (love the idea for the stripes BTW) :thumbs:

Reminds me of mine back a couple of years ago with the stripes :grin:

SS101947.jpg

SS101960.jpg

Yeah I really like that, just in black. simple but effective :eek:k:

The wheels are now black, done them over last weekend, will post some pics later.

edit: also going for the clear side repeaters, getting them on order this week

slayllian said:
Yeah I really like that, just in black. simple but effective :eek:k:

The wheels are now black, done them over last weekend, will post some pics later.

edit: also going for the clear side repeaters, getting them on order this week

Get the smoked side repeators! Mine look great x

Been busy on the car the last week, first thing I gave the rear underside a good check over and tidy up:

Cleaned up and touched up any missed areas:

009 by slayllian1, on Flickr

010 by slayllian1, on Flickr

The fuel filler pipe fixing had corroded away, so I replaced the plastic plug with a spare wall plug I had lying around that I cut to size:

011 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Secured it nice and tight:

012 by slayllian1, on Flickr

At the same time I resprayed my spare wheel carrier to silver:

013 by slayllian1, on Flickr

And being a bit sad (and bored) polished the spare tyre:

014 by slayllian1, on Flickr

015 by slayllian1, on Flickr

016 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Back