Project Aiya (Pic heavy)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, yeah, tempted to leave it stripped, but the other half is having kittens! :lol:
found lots of rust spots so been touching them up, and nice to be finally rid of the water ingress and mould! :happee:

looks like your still doing lots of work on her thats what i like to see everything stripped out to give her a good going over. i have got some parts that you mite be interested in check out my pics

haha, yeah cant beat giving her a good strip! lol. yeah I had a look on there I need an nearside front wing quite bad, liked the bonnet too! have you got another puma or is that an older one you are breaking up?

Hi, i've only just started reading this and found useless bits already! My rear view mirror has done exactly the same when i've tried to move it, come off! What did you stick it back on with? Also i am thinking of spraying my alloys black, i have the millenium, what do you think?

Black wheels look good on the millie, will go with the wing mirrors. I have just started thinking about doing my wing mirrors black. The mirror came with a sticky pad, but you can buy them from halfords, just make sure to clean all the old residue off first.

Quick update: been out doing a little more before I lost the light

removed the door cards, (bit filthy behind there) going to remove the offside door lock and take to the locksmith in the hope that it can be made to work with my key:

017 by slayllian, on Flickr

Here is some of the rust i'm in the process of fixing up, mostly appears to be around the nearside seat mounts:

010 by slayllian, on Flickr

Waxoyld the inside of the rear wheel arches (the sills will be getting the same treatment internally):

021 by slayllian, on Flickr

Gave the inside of the car a good wash, believe it or not this was the 3rd bucket: :shock:

018 by slayllian, on Flickr

016 by slayllian, on Flickr

Its now beginning to look much tidier in there: :thumbs:

022 by slayllian, on Flickr

Got a little heater in there at the moment drying everything out:

019 by slayllian, on Flickr

Tomorrow I plan to finish tidying up the interior before starting to re-fit the dashboard (wish me luck)

The internal rust spots on the floor plan have not generated any holes yet, so I have just rust treated them, I'm thinking they are obviously rusting from underneath so when I get the car up on jacks again in the next couple of weeks, I will have a look at these little "rust traps" then seal them up. hopefully stop the rot in its tracks before it becomes an MOT fail!

Just found the wheels I fitted have the wrong offset! :'( Now on the look out for some fresh alloys, sticking with 15s and in black.

slayllian said:
Just found the wheels I fitted have the wrong offset! :'( Now on the look out for some fresh alloys, sticking with 15s and in black.

Have you not thought about getting the millenium alloys and spraying them black? I'm spraying mine black in October :)

I have a set of 2001 alloys with tyres off my track car if you are after a set of alloys to work with......

looking good mate youve made alot of progress. i've got a lot of rust appearing on mine which needs sorting soon :(

Sparx said:
looking good mate youve made alot of progress. i've got a lot of rust appearing on mine which needs sorting soon :(

That's the trouble with pumas, rot! :-(

The car is all back together after its interior deep clean/rebuild, I used a carpet cleaner machine with attachment to clean all the interior textiles with, I was shocked with the amount of black/brown water I managed to displace. The results were worth it though as the interior came up like new:

(The fascia was a bit of a pain to get back in due to the wiring harness)

009 by slayllian1, on Flickr

012 by slayllian1, on Flickr

013 by slayllian1, on Flickr

056 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Replaced the damaged n/s window switch trim:

054 by slayllian1, on Flickr

058 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Another thing I managed to do during the interior rebuild was replace the sticking offside seatbelt, so now I dont have to manually wind it back every time I exit the car :grin:

Have now fully replaced the gearbox oil and also the breather with a new one, the gearbox feels like its had a new lease of life, incredibly smooth!

I also finished cleaning, sorting/painting the under frame,I will get round to stone chipping it at some point

038 by slayllian1, on Flickr

033 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Was still a bit filthy in those hidden crevices so got under with a brush and Gunked it thoroughly:

040 by slayllian1, on Flickr

052 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Finished painting/treating rust on the underneath:

043 by slayllian1, on Flickr

048 by slayllian1, on Flickr

049 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Yesterday I decided to paint my front beam from the slightly corroded/manky white to moondust silver:

035 by slayllian1, on Flickr

036 by slayllian1, on Flickr

037 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Now much tidier in silver:

070 by slayllian1, on Flickr

069 by slayllian1, on Flickr

064 by slayllian1, on Flickr

062 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Found out re-aligning the bonnet latch is a bit of a fiddle!

063 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Polished up the manifold shield also:

066 by slayllian1, on Flickr

And gave the engine a quick spruce up:

065 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Just under a month now untill I get the arches done :grin: I have also decided to fit Wolfrace Assassins and Falken rubber all round, but going to have to wait a couple of months to inject more cash into pumas money pot!

007 by slayllian1, on Flickr

I have also re-hung the front n/s wing as the panel gaps were not right to my eye, now happy both front wing match :grin:

Latest posts

Back