Project Aiya (Pic heavy)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next up, I wanted to replace my wheels to the correct offset so until I can afford new wheels I resprayed the original alloys (now thinking I quite like them and don't want to change)

Current alloys with incorrect offset (sitting to far in):

036 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Rubbed the original wheels down:

019 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Some of the original fake split rim nuts had sheered off, so I replaced these with the real equivalent sizes:

018 by slayllian1, on Flickr

I fitted these with Araldite and re-secured any loose fake nuts with it too!

020 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Then I primed the wheels:

027 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Then lots 'O' lovely paint and then lacquer:

031 by slayllian1, on Flickr

033 by slayllian1, on Flickr

On the car:

046 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Sparx said:
Reminds me of mine back a couple of years ago with the stripes :grin:

SS101947.jpg

SS101960.jpg

Got the idea from one of my previous cars, have a thing for silver and black:

IMGP0604 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Few other bits, I resprayed the front grills and bumper insert in gloss black also:

Removed all parts of the lower grill, the inserts just unclipped:

023 by slayllian1, on Flickr

024 by slayllian1, on Flickr

025 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Gave the front a quick clean up:

026 by slayllian1, on Flickr

034 by slayllian1, on Flickr

039 by slayllian1, on Flickr

I'm getting black ford badges all round next week also.

I also fitted new number plate fixings front and rear, Old:

028 by slayllian1, on Flickr

New:

029 by slayllian1, on Flickr

My Project puma sticker finally turned up as well:

022 by slayllian1, on Flickr

I have also fitted new front speakers, so the interior is now more or less done,

Found that 6" speakers are not a direct fit, so had to butcher the doors a little to allow them to sit flush:

050 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Fixed the speakers in and silicone sealed:

051 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Cleaned the steering wheel up, which was a little grubby:

061 by slayllian1, on Flickr

059 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Now (a lot cleaner and smoother):

062 by slayllian1, on Flickr

Next week its black badges and clear side repeaters, then she is off to the body shop to get her first arch sorted out soon.

She's looking lovely! :grin: I love the fact that you pay attention to all the small details, like even the numberplate fixings.
I was actually gonna suggest doing your mirrors black, i was also gonna suggest bonnet and boot lid.. but i dont know if that would be too much

Really good job the wheels actually look really good repainted quite a difference from silver :thumbs:

Just an opinion but the graphic looks good but makes the top half of the car naked? Especially with the black wheels and the black stripe :?:

fatdonger said:
Just an opinion but the graphic looks good but makes the top half of the car naked? Especially with the black wheels and the black stripe :?:

I'd probably agree with that, just needs a little something to break up the expanse of silver for me. Black viper stripes? Or has that been done to death already?

Viper stripes look ok on a track car ( get out of the way or I am loud so you can notice me) or on a road car like a lotus or the focus st / fiesta st's don't look to chavy but I am guessing thats too loud for slayllian .

Not sure maybe he needs to start a photoshop thread........

Think he needs some rally graphics :lol:

Alternative could be some Ford graphics what he definitely does not need is a door stack .

Actually without graphics could be an option then it looks more how ford liked it from the factory....

Quite like Ford RS stripes, think they could really work on her? I also like these Lotus stripes, to go with some similar side stripes, keep toying with the idea of an off-centre stripe also:

http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/images/skins/big/icon_elise.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wing mirrors are now black and black ford badges are all now on! Clear side repeaters should turn up this week, so will post updated pics as soon as they are on.

Getting new 1/4 light puma badges on order this weekend and only couple of weeks till the bodyshop now!

Had the rear drums off last night to check for rust/paint up and also dropped the rear beam down. Unfortunately managed to sheer off one of the ABS sensor securing screws removing one of the drums! :'(

Borrowed a couple of easy outs today, so will take the drum apart to see what I'm doing and try and extract said stubborn screw (from the rear)!

Another problem I stumbled across was one of the rear axle spacers had decided to disintegrate, so both of these will need replacing in the next couple of weeks.

Will try and get this little lot done in one go (money permitting):

• Replace rear axle spacers
    Overhaul and clean up rear drums
    Fit new rear brake shoes (if needed)
    Replace ABS sensor securing screws
    Replace OEM bushes with Poly bushes
    Fit Goodridge braided brake hoses (front and rear)

One other thing which I want to do is fit Spax Suspension all round and drop from 30mm to 40mm, but this will have to wait until January

Back