Project Silver, PIC HEAVY

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ScubaSteve said:
yeah looks rubbish in that photoshop, but not in the vision i have of it lol, and my visions dont normally let me down lol

may just try it and see the alu isnt much to buy anyway if i end up having to junk it all

Very true... your ideas haven't failed you yet

Flying Scotsman said:
Very true... your ideas haven't failed you yet
...at least not the ones you've shown us :grin: LOL

I'd go for it and not give a hoot what anyone else thinks, it's your car and everything you've done to it looks amazing so far.
Keep it up :thumbs:

Thats another thing i had planned but havent got round to it yet lol, not quite the same as in my head but similar, go for it mate alu sheets are cheap enough so you havent got much to lose trying it.

oh car looks great by the way :eek:k:

cheers, only problem is that im going to cut a recess in it so the diffuser fits up into the bumper slightly making the angle is good for air flow, oh well i suppose silver bumpers are cheap enough too lol

Are you going to make a flat bottom plate? Without it I don't think a diffuser will make any difference other than visual.

Yeah its going to extend quite far back to the rear beam really, may eventually try and join it up to front splitter but that going to take some thought due to the beam. It will also smooth the airflow so its not getting caught inside the bottom of the rear bumper which at the mo is just like one big air scoop. Could just drill some holes to help but I'm going a step further

yeah il consider something like that, but likely to be expensive and in good old me fashion something i think i could make lol

this S1600 keeps popping up in posts.. am I being ignorant - can someone explain what car this is? :lol:

A front splitter coupled with the rear diffuser and flattening off the bottom of the car can make a really good difference

Very good idea, ive pondered it for some time now, as you say, the rear bumper is just like a big air scoop at the moment, especially once you remove the spare wheel. If built right, it will give you more downforce then any spoiler, and keep you stuck to the road.

My worry was that its going to be so close to the exhaust pretty much the full length of the car. I was thinking of doing it out of carbon and fibreglass, but it would melt in no time. A sheet of Ali that big wouldnt be cheap, and thats why i got no further with it. The other issue, which wouldnt be too hard to get around, was that i didnt want it to be a big water trap, and store water under the car, and encourage it to rust easier.

Im looking forward to what you come up with on it!

iv thort of flattening the under side of my car but wouldnt know were to start?
but only after the cars heart transplant!

ScubaSteve said:
fitted the small metal cups instead of the stupid heavy damper vibration weights

562195_10150799470085730_556280729_12082299_1813724710_n.jpg

from vich car are these metal cups ?

just a quick small bit of boring work that iv been up, over time my rear lexan windows have been coming away from the glue, seems to be accelerated by sun and heat, i think its more where the paint at the back has come away and taken the glue with it, you can see it on this pic

205406_10151124242555730_1748488138_n.jpg

so took the windows back out

539134_10151124240755730_1035028398_n.jpg

repainted where the paint had come off the back, drilled holes and pot rivetted it back on using black rivets, not quite as neat as having none but i think its minimal and doesnt really matter now the car looks like it does anyway it doesnt need to look oem :lol:

409742_10151124241030730_1001007679_n.jpg

Could you think of a more perminant way of securing the lexan rather than the rivets but at the same time, a firm bond so that they dont prise themselves away in heat or time?

The normal glue would be fine if it wasn't for the paint on the back of the lexan, for my car though the rivets are fine

You can get bronzed stuff but its not worth the extra, nothing stopping you tinting it with spray or film

Latest posts

Back