Quick stop - Durham - Friday 3rd September

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Cherie and I are heading up to Scotland at the beginning of next month and stopping over at the Premier Inn Durham Motorway Service Area, J61 A1(M) DH6 5NP on Friday 3rd September for the night.

If anyone want to meet us up there for a drink, food and a chat at somewhere you locals know is nice, then please let us know!

Thought that might be your neck of the woods mate :eek:k:

What about here: http://www.sevenstarsinn.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been recommended it by someone who knows his pubs (the old man) as somewhere that does nice drinks and good food :)

I'll be driving down I think, so I could do lifts if you and Cherie fancy a drink Dal, and I'll stick to the Coke ;)

that looks fine to me mate. We'll meet you there as neither of us will be drinking really i expect. Cheers for finding somewhere!

Table booked now at the Rose Tree Inn: http://www.rosetreeinn.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; since the Seven Stars was fully booked :(

I've got it booked for 7:30, but I'll probably get there 7-ish, so we'll able to have a good ol' catch up over some food :)

Yip, I've got a spot for you too if you're coming mate :)

If anyone else wants to pop along, just let me know and I'll adjust the numbers.

Just checked the inn, should've booked an earlier table so we could get the weekday specials...me being tight as usual...lol.

Like the sound of mince and dumplings so gonna check the normal menu now but I bet the bugger is all hoighty toighty stuff with prices to match....lol

EDIT:...Yay, mince and dumplings still on the menu for later. That's my choice for now as I have to spoil myself now and again. Gonna give it a good coat of looking at as there may be something nicer ;)

Oh, yes, think I'll be there....lol.

Yes I did make it ;)

Had a good night, was nice to get out and chat in a cosy atmosphere, a big change to sitting in, watching TV and typing!

Mince and Dumplings were lovely (not too keen on the veggies though...lol), made a nice change from the crap I make myself. Thx for that Jamie ;)

And to follow on from one discussion...the phones I have kicking around my house that haven't been used for a long while or used at all are these:-
Motorola V550 unused (doh!!),
Nokia N-Gage (Switches on but knackered)
A crappy 6310' (mmm..apparently still sold at £90??)
And my old faithfull Nokia 7650 that still works as good as the day I bought it - Nokia's first camera phone ;)
View media item 1585
If I dug around a little more I'm sure I could find more but I also stupidly gave them to family who promptly lost, broke or binned them!!.
The last few phones I have had through upgrades etc, the last being a Viewty, I sold on Ebay for around £300 a piece as it made more sense than keeping them. I only go for sim only deals nowadays as I don't want or need a super flashy phone and currently use a very old Sony W800i which does me fine...lol.

Dunno where I put my first ever mobile the Motorola MicroTAC classic but just had a google around and god it was big and basic. But at least I know when I got it now, which makes me feel old....1991!! Feel nostalgic seeing all my old phones and remembering the older ones...lol

Again, good night out ;)

No problem on the food front Paul, glad you could make it! ;) Great to see you, Dal and Cherie! :D

I had a lovely bloody steak, exactly how it should be, and it was great to catch up with everyone, just like the good old days when I had a little Puma too...

I can't believe you dug your old phones out just to post on here! I have no idea where half of mine are, otherwise I'd try... There must have been at least 40-50 phones on that wall though...

thanks for meeting up with us and making it a night to remember guys!!
I'll have a pint out of my free black sheep when i get home tomorrow :)

Thanks to Jamie for finding a place that does such awesome chips! They've got to be the best ones I've had for a looooong time! And thanks to Paul for surprising us and arriving just as I was about to look on here to see if you were going to make it! :D

I have to say that the Hyundai has got to be the funniest car ever! The warning sticker on the boot to stop you accidently slamming the rear window onto the heads of the rear passengers has to beg the question why didn't they just give the passengers more headroom in the first place! And your driving position... lol!

I'll have to get that Korean text translated, but I'm pretty sure it says "Danger of death" or something similar :)

My driving position is awesome, seat all the way back with it tilted backwards so I don't hit my head on the roof, just means slightly shorter people can't reach the pedals :p

Must be the same seat arrangement as mine. Think it's a man thing Jamie, as women seem to have the need to put their chin on the top of the steering wheel and their boobs through it...lol

...dunno if this is because they are usually shorter than us or are just bloody nosey and need their faces to the screen in case they miss something....lol

Back