The £650 Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Questy is actually The Todd:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhtFKNNd04A[/youtube]

Ah, right. Definitely a case of removing and re-fitting for the best job then! I noticed mine is sitting low at the front edge, sort of tilted. I'll add that to the absurdly long 'to do' list!! :lol:

Not a great deal done today other than some mooching around with some plastic renovator and polishing the manky headlights.

YOG came over for a cuppa and a chat about what I need to do for the rust prevention so I have a shopping list for that.

I also took some pictures and had a play with Photoshop afterwards!

nosey_ps.jpg

side_rear_ps.jpg

Rear_ps.jpg

top_down_ps.jpg

A second-hand drivers side headlight turned up yesterday bought from another forum user.

new_light_off.jpg

My existing light had broken on one of the lugs and the lens was in poor condition. The new one is far better!

new_light_in.jpg

Now Jegger is up to a decent standard, it was also time to start spreading the word!

Pro_pum_sticker.jpg

With the one headlight replaced, my wife pointed out that Jegger now looked like he had a cataract. So charged with finding a decent replacement for the nearside light, I hit up ebay. Managed to find a pretty good one that arrived swiftly. Fitted last night. It's amazing how the headlights make such a difference to the look of the car. My old ones really were very cloudy!

Quick picture;

two_lights-replaced_zps2dc584b1.jpg

Nice, I'm thinking he deserves some nice 3D number plates velcro'd on, with a purple border and a Puma logo on them, like Crystal Pumas or errmm mine :lol:

Do you know what? I had a pie tonight as it happens. It was a Pukka pie made for home consumption. It was pretty good for taste but not a lot of real meaty chunks in it.

It wouldn't pass Scubasteve's seal of approval for certain. 'U want 2 meat?' Steve would ask. This pie would reply 'Not really'.

May have to rename this thread the '£650 Puma and the quest for the ultimate beast of a pie'.

Higgidy pies and Pie Minister pies are amazing. Also Charlie Bigham pies, but they're a bit small.

BigAl said:
looks mint mate! :grin:

Cheers Al! It's getting there slowly. This was only meant to be a hack about for six months of rusty fun... I've gotten seriously carried away with it to be honest!

evilrob said:
Higgidy pies and Pie Minister pies are amazing. Also Charlie Bigham pies, but they're a bit small.

Ooo... the higgidy pies are incredible but only really for one. I used to wait for the wife to go away for the weekend before cracking out one of those beauties (insert double entendre here)!

Latest posts

Back