The £650 Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jegger was SORN'd shortly after the MOT for the winter but I've still not managed to use the garage to store it. Usually, I'd move it to the garage and roll the windows down a bit.

As it's been sat on the drive and not used, the mould has started moving in.... :?

mould_1.jpg

mould_2.jpg

mould_3.jpg

Yuk...

I've still got that full leather interior knocking about, Lee... :pinkeye:

Happy New Year all!

Due to the Norovirus putting the knackers on New Years drinking :? , a clear head meant I fancied a bit of gentle tinkering this morning.

I've found my plastic dye so I'm going to have a go at renovating some of the faded black trim. First up is the windscreen scuttle cover.

Wipers off, five screws and off it pops...

scuttle-cover.jpg

And what grunge lies beneath?

dirty-scuttle.jpg

Nice! So while I was there and also due to continued water in the footwells (although far, far less than there was when I got the car), I jetted out the crud. Worth doing as there appears to be a few drain-holes in there which were all blocked with leaf skank.

clean-scuttle.jpg

Worth a crack at least!

I'll have a go with the dye later today if anyone's interested? It worked wonders on my old Peugeot bumpers but the stuff I have is charcoal (they also do jet black) so it may not be dark enough for Puma trim.

The other panel that I need to do is the lower grill and the big plastic cover on the bottom of the bumper. I can't work out how to get either off. Anyone know if this is do-able with the bumper still on?

I used Gtechniq C4 on my scuttle, grilles, wing mirror bases, window rubbers, windscreen washer arms, mudflaps and anything else black plastic - wiped first with isopropyl alcohol to get it really clean, then a coat of the C4 brings it up good as new.

Dunno how to get that bumper plastic off - let us know the method if you figure it out; I need a new one due to a nasty scratch on mine.

Here ya go fella! This is the stuff I use - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plasticar...ssories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3ccdafaecd

Very good stuff but I've just tried the grey and it's not dark enough. Going to order some black up and try that.

I have had frustrations with the air bag warning light doing it's pre tensioner warning four flashes. Tried un-plugging and re-seating the yellow connector but no luck sadly. Will have to have another go when I get a chance.

I've also been playing with some Bilt Hamber Deox-C rust solution. Fantastic stuff!

Here's some rusty windscreen wiper nuts...

rusty-nuts_zpsaba96ebd.jpg

After 24 hours submerged in Deox-C solution...

clean_nuts_zps3a67bbb3.jpg

Ready for a quick spray of Hammerite satin black.

Also did some rusty tools and the results were really good!

The rubber part on the bumper should just pull off, away from the car. I've removed mine before, but can't remember exactly. I'm pretty sure it's held with the same sort of clips the lower grille is held with.

What is the trick to getting the wiper arms off..? I want to clean/spray mine. I can get the nuts off, but that's as far as I can go. The arms are stuck solid :x

Cheers, I'll have another look at that but it seemed to be held on tight! To be fair, I couldn't work out how the bottom grill was held on either! :oops:

As for the wiper arms, I just bent them up at the spring loaded joint, held at just above the right angle and wiggled it up and down. Doing this gives you a better grip and stops the pressure of the wiper spring against the window pushing on one side of the spindle. Eventually they'll come free all of a sudden. Careful as there's a washer that's easy to lose on there!

Back