The £650 Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Arch Bishop said:
Seems eBay is my friend... Around £260 for the full set. So that leaves £240 for.... ideas anyone?
I would love a donation.... I am a good cause! :lol:

It's amazing how many little dents, dings and imperfections there are when you get a proper eye over it.

Looking good so far.

I have a feeling that it'll get sopped up by tracking after the shocks are fitted, a new front tyre as the inside of one has worn due to misalignment, some Bilt Hamber stuff and other bits and bobs. Also, I'm going to put some aside towards a cam belt change for piece of mind. There's no point having a shiny car with a dead engine after all!

After that, I'm going to save towards having the underside sorted out properly. Cars are a money pit ain't they!? :lol:

Yes, they really are lovely chaps to be honest! I asked one of them if I was being stupid spending money on it. He said 'It's never stupid if you like it mate!'

I also didn't get the feeling that I was in the way, was told that I was welcome to have a good poke about and was shown around the work being done and what was still to do. It's also a good place to look at some classics. This week, it was a lovely Vauxhall Victor getting some inner arch work done. It was otherwise in stunning condition!

Looking forward to visiting again next week!

No real progress at the body shop but I'm off to visit on Friday. Hopefully should be in primer by then. They're a man down this week and as mine is a side job (hence cheap) it gets pushed back a bit. Fair doos!

Anyway, I've spent the time amassing some parts for the suspension upgrade. We now have front and rear KYB gas struts and also their mounting kits (top mounts and bearings) which seem a nice (but pricey) quality product.

shocks-and-stuff.jpg

Also, after the fiasco that was my wishbone replacement, I ordered these fellas;

bolt-grippers.jpg

Irwin bolt grippers base and expansion set. I've heard some very good things about these so they should help me out with any cheese-made bolts that start to round-off. Hopefully.

Also bought a great condition interior light/remote locking sensor won for £6 inc shipping from eBay. Mine dropped out on the way to the body shop after the plastic crumbled around the spring clips.

Ho hum.. Will post up some more respray work in progress as soon as I get the chance.

The Arch Bishop said:
No real progress at the body shop but I'm off to visit on Friday. Hopefully should be in primer by then. They're a man down this week and as mine is a side job (hence cheap) it gets pushed back a bit. Fair doos!

I called in last Friday and Gary said it should be primered this week!

PM me if you want to borrow my spring compressors?
Check the top of the struts to make sure you have the correct size Allen key and, ideally, also get new "C" clips for the rear struts (I think it's 2 clips on each strut).

I think Gary's away this week but I was told it should be primered this week. Going to drop in on the way back from work on Friday and see how it's going.

I should be OK for the tools, but part numbers for any clips, bolts and the like would be really good.

I'd like to use new rather than start the job, have to hack-saw bolts off, order from Ford, wait for delivery etc...

Had that happen last time and it's far better to have all new fixings from the start.

:thumbs: Shineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee looking good :thumbs:

Cant wait for the rest of the Jegger portfolio :grin:

Looking good especially for the money. If you were being picky, you could point out maybe one or two faults, but I'm not sure I give a monkeys. Jegger looks superb! They seem to have fixed lots of broken interior trim as well...

Back