turbo engine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulob1

popped in to see CHris, my engine should be going together this week, early next.

have finally worked it all out and the engine out of 418 is going to be rebuilt to give me 220-230 bhp n/a and about 8500 to 9000 rpm, this will then go in 023, the engie out of 023 with then be rebuilt to go into 419 and finally I will either fit the 60k engine out of 419 and put it into 088 or depending on which of the above engines I like best will build another one and fit it into the car that will ultimately be my main track day car...

chris has all the bits now to build the 350 bhp car,am hoping in the next two weeks we will be building it...its going mtx box which may slow things up there...the na will get done asap too i hope, going to use the std brakes for now but may try to upgrade the brakes and the suspension eventually.. I am a plonker never took any photos, will get chris to send some to me...

yes chris reckons they will take 250-280 bhp so will try with that for now...am not sure but lets see...I wont be fitting the quaife lsd as I have a suspicion that it puts additional load into the box. \The na engine will use std valve sizes so will make no more than about 220-230...well that is chris's view and I think he has done a few of these engines..so I have no reason to doubt him thus far

Yes ive just ordered bigger valves off him when i spoke to him the most power na he had seen was 204 or 206 iirc
The s1600 left ours at 222bhp and that was the ultimate spec on standard valves so that sounds about right. I know the frp box will take the power as they only make around 150 lbs ft of tourque which isnt alot plus its difficult to find a replacement box thats nice and short geared for all them revs.

yes its a bit of mix, but with the turbo I am building I am going for a really broad power curve, ie we get up to power quickly and have as flat a power curve as possible so tall gears will be good, what I am not keen on is high speed, I dont want a car that will do over 150 mph, believe me i would be travelling at that speed as often as i could the car is so addictive, I am really after better drag perfromance and overtaking speed, althought the 350 bhp engine is more a case of i will becasue I can...

I really thing 220-280 is the best power range for them, although pumanoob has more experience than me...would be good to hear what he thinks of 380 bhp in a puma...

Alll sounds good paul will you be doing trackdays when there done id love to chase you round in mine

ryan yes we will, going for a gt28r roller ball and to be fair we are aiming for 350, expect maybe less but over 320 is my real aim...I am sure that 350 bhp is going to be hell to control in this car...pumanoob must know....perhaps he will enlighten us how it goes, he has the heavier druatec engine and turbo...

Speaking to Erroll last night and the way he has his car it sounds like he either needs to run fatter tyres or stickier tyres as it struggles for grip, he also needs to get the geometry set up properly as it also sounds like he is running too much camber on the front end

Ginger Tom said:
Speaking to Erroll last night and the way he has his car it sounds like he either needs to run fatter tyres or stickier tyres as it struggles for grip, he also needs to get the geometry set up properly as it also sounds like he is running too much camber on the front end
That can bring further issues, we used to race a 400bhp 800kg special gt, with slicks, we used to break a lot of driveshafts !!!!

But getting the geometry right is essential

SIMON

Latest posts

Back