Zara's newer car!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no need to be offended- as martin says- you free to speak you mind here.

Zara doesn't like my car- its no big deal- everyone has there own opion. You proberly love your car, and looking at the quality of the paint job its had alot of time and effort spent on it, so you should be proud.

Its better that its loved by its owner- then built to please the masses

After all life and the world is boring if we all like the same thing.

Oh and welcome to the site- stick around it is worth it trust me on that

+1 on what Scott said, the colour definately isn't for me but you can see it's been done well (and paint looks like it's a Candy or at the least a Pearlescent?). :)

Thanks very much for the comments, sorry... ye i guess i've probably over reacted a bit :oops: i suppose its more that i felt a bit singled out seeing one of my own pics that i'd taken posted up somewhere else and after reading the comments thought i'd probably just get made fun of if i posted it up lol. Marcus, i think its perlescent. but also has tiny metalic flecks in it too, which you only really see when its polished up if that makes any sense lol, but i'm really not sure exactly what the effect is, it was already done when i bought it, it kinda looks like the hot pink colour on here http://www.houseofkolor.co.uk/colours3_shimrin_designer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the colour looks more flat on the pic than in reality if i'm honest. The car is certainly not without it's faults though unfortunately, i've been trying to sort it since the day i bought it a couple of months back or so. the only thing thats kept me from cutting my losses and selling it (ironically) is the colour lol. I took a gamble when i bought it and its certainly ended up costing me more than it should :-( much more and i could have gotten a racing puma! Anyway i should stop waffling on now lol, but thanks again for the comments.

Welcome to the site, don't let people give you a hard time :twisted:

Pink cars are... different but everyone on here generally understands that there are people that will love pink cars... same goes for spoilers, bodykits, neons etc... not everyone likes them but it's what makes you happy and proud that counts.

People may poke at you a bit for it but most will respect the effort gone into making it your own and something which you enjoy.

welcome to the club. pink is not for me but i like your wheels :wink:

i think you should post up more pics of the car anyway :cool:

It's easy to take people's comments to heart, there's enough people around who hate the yellow Millennium, so I know that little feeling of anger all too well. ;)

To be fair, most of the comments were directed towards the puma in the first post, where it wasn't just the colour that was on the receiving end of the ridicule, but the rather dubious choice of decorations! There's a Focus RS that's been done in a similar colour to your Puma, and whilst I personally hate that it's been done to a car that's a special edition, I can appreciate the quality of the work that's been done.

Whatever problems you have with your Puma, we'll try and help as much as we can to help you find solutions. :eek:k:

Cherie said:
There's a Focus RS that's been done in a similar colour to your Puma, and whilst I personally hate that it's been done to a car that's a special edition, I can appreciate the quality of the work that's been done.

This one? :)

4749922417_48eb08db72_z.jpg

mort666 said:
Cherie said:
There's a Focus RS that's been done in a similar colour to your Puma, and whilst I personally hate that it's been done to a car that's a special edition, I can appreciate the quality of the work that's been done.

This one? :)

4749922417_48eb08db72_z.jpg

that girl had a s2 rst before that in the same colour.. not my cuppa tea but when you see how much work went into it you have to take your hate off.. it was a full stripdown respray.. no half arsed effort..

Welcome to the site and please don't worry what others think about your car. I only thought the other day, how would the people who own the cars sometimes commented on feel if they read the negative comments and I hoped they'd react like I would i.e. take it with a pinch of salt. I'm sure we've all had our own opinions, either good or bad, about cars we've seen that are totally opposite opinions to the next person.

I know that some people don't like me or my car because I don't clean it but I couldn't give a rats arse, that's their choice and as it's my car and that's how I choose to have it why should it bother them enough to post snide remarks. If they're that bothered they're more than welcome to clean it for me. I spend my time enjoying driving the car, not pissing about cleaning it...simple. I'm at an age now where you know there are much more important things to concern ones self about ;)

For the record...pink isn't for me. I'm a bloke and if I did like it I might get concerned about my masculinity...lol

ha ha, i'm liking your attitude yippeekiay with not giving a rats arse what others think :wink:
Mutley, the wheels would be nicer if they werent curbed as much as they are (not by myself though lol) i had thought of getting them refurbed but until i fathom and get fixed the other probs they'll have to wait.
As i say i took a chance and thought with my heart not my head when i bought it, i didn't actually see it before i got it, as it was quite a distance away and i just took a gamble (silly i know) and did a "buy it now" on ebay as i didn't want anyone else to get it first and lose out, my brother and his gf went and collected it for me as i wasn't able to.
I had to get 2 new front tyres the next day as they were so bald they'd be dangerous, i was having a little trouble changing from 4th to 2nd at times, so had a new clutch fitted, the problem i'm having at the minute is the speedo keeps intermitently dropping to zero and staying there, it did it for a day and a half last week, then came back on, but today its gone to zero again, i've had a new speed sensor fitted but obviously that hasn't cured the problem, it also seems to kangaroo and lose power a bit when it does this, it has other problems too, but theyre not to do with the running of the car, just more irritating than anything else lol.
The previous owners have clearly spent alot on it but mostly things that are modifications like they've had a milltek sport frp 4-2-1 exhaust system fitted (which means nothing to me lol, i've no idea about exhausts, i just see they've spent a fair amount on it) they've had grooved upgraded brake discs put on, again.. nothing to me. The mechanic told me it had illuminous green race injectors in and changed them to normal green race injectors or something to that effect, the mind boggles, i've absolutely no idea how all these things affect or enhance the car, all i know is i just want to get it so its running right and everything is sorted, then i'll be able to enjoy driving it properly, I'm waiting to hear back from the mechanic who was going to come last week, but i guess he must be too busy as i've not heard back from him yet... anyway sorry, it seems i've written an essay lol. thanks for taking the time to read it :grin:

Yip! If you can truly love pink then you are safe in your masculinity! :lol:
Sugarpink, Welcome! I've had numerous strange colours down through the years. Some like them some don't! Be true to yourself and don't worry about opinions. I find safe colours boring and like to see diversity. I also think the Puma shape suits Pearlescent paint.

a girl will always blame someone else for curbed wheels but we all know the truth :wink: :lol:

if you live in the kent area i know a wicked place to get wheels fixed

Haha, believe it or not i'm actually pretty good at not curbing my wheels :grin: at least i was until i got some brand new wheels that i loved one time :-( to be fair i only did it when driving in Derby (my bf hometown) and not in my hometown (in county durham) for some reason, probably because the roads are different there (any excuse eh! :oops: lol) that was when i had my other Puma, a blue one, i loved that car i think i'd have to say that was my best car ever, i never had any probs with it and it was so lovely to drive, i'd love the one i have now even more if it was running right. I'm currently in county durham so not near kent but once i win the lottery i'll get everything sorted on it, actually come to think of it i'll just get a brand new custom one made lol, so it runs perfectly and.... getting a bit carried away now i think. And i don't even put the lottery on anyway so that blows that idea out the water!! lol

Alreet and welcome along!

As others have said don't take comments to heart, on forums as big as Projectpuma and PP your bound to get a mixed opinion about your car, I am quite opinionated anyways, as people who know me would tell you but in no way means nasty about it. As I'm sure you have already gathered, pink isnt for me lol, can't stand it but my previous Puma had the same kind of commenting; some thought it was nice others hated it but hey ho was my car end of the day so who cares lol!!

This forum is a friendly place, one of th friendliest forums I'm on actually!

enjoy your stay! :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back