Bucks Meet 2010 (Sat 17th April)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil

Bucks Meet - Sat 17th April

Join us for a fun B road drive round some of the twisties of Buckinghamshire, taking in the sights of the Chiltern Hills, and the Hell Fire Caves in West Wycombe.

Hell Fire Caves Information here - http://www.hellfirecaves.co.uk/

Meet Point - Oxford Services (J8A of M40). Info here http://www.motorwayservices.info/area.php?area=23

Time - Midday.

Brief overview of the route:

bucksroute.jpg

Small disclaimer

Buckinghamshire council are utterly useless at repairing potholes, and unfortunatley there are some beauties along the route. If you see me weaving around, you know why. Some of the roads are quite bumpy as well, those of you with lowered suspension may need to take it easy on some sections.

£1 will be required for parking at Wendover Woods, and for those of you going into the Hell Fire Caves, entry is £5 per person.

Finally, if anyone wants an advance copy of the route, drop me a PM (I'll be handing copies out on the day too).

Attendees

1. Neil
2. Dal + Cherie
3. Hotrodspike
4. Crystalpuma
5. Zarablackcoupe
6. BenF
7. Midnight Blue
8. Spike
9. Scotty1.7
10. Martinthrapston
11. hoolio67 (possible) PP1
12. Pumapilot
13. PatchPuma (possible) PP1
14. Mort666 (possible)
15. Dookie (possible)
16. Roary

Update: Download the route details ->here<-

UPDATE - Just a quick one guys - as I don't have a pre drive meal booked, it might be an idea to arrive at the services half hour or so early if you want a bite to eat before leaving. I'll be there at 1130. I'm aiming for us to leave the services at 1230 at the latest.

Ahh nuts. Of all the weekends to be Reserving at Northolt.

I really need to go for a drive soon. Right foot has not been satisfied for a couple of months.

First post updated with meet point and a few more details.

crystalpuma said:
I missed the caves thing! We're not going in, are we? Scary caves!

erm why, they are even flood lit, with nice flat concrete floors!

You should do the night ghost walk, including the underground caverns in Edinburgh!

spike. said:
crystalpuma said:

You should do the night ghost walk, including the underground caverns in Edinburgh!

I would love to !!!

But us down as "Definitely coming"

:D

^You^ my dear have a very dirty brain!

spike. said:
crystalpuma said:

We are going in! I'm aiming for the route to finish at the Hell Fire Caves, mainly as there's a good photo location very nearby, and the caves themselves are quite interesting. (Plus RAF High Wycombe is five minutes up the road :p) From there, we'll more than likely head into High Wycombe for either Frankie & Bennys, La Tasca or Nando's ;)

Few pictures from inside the caves if anyone is interested. Some were taken with the flash, the others without to try and show the darkness and atmosphere. (There's plenty of other stuff for people to look at if they don't fancy the caves). Full pictures on Facebook also.

P1000201.jpg

P1000191.jpg

P1000192.jpg

P1000194.jpg

P1000198.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back