Leics meet 14 April 2012

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Benf for a great meet, the route was really good. Its never easy keeping that number of cars together, and we all to the catch up pretty much the same time lol

even if some people believed the "Road Closed" sign I had planted, so I could start at the back of the pack, and get to the car park first mwhahahhaha :lol:

chardy said:
Thanks Benf for organising another great day out.

Was great to catch up with everybody, and to finally discover the secret behind fook kin fried rice :)

Hope everybody got home safe (and found their missing hose clips).

See you soon,

Rich.

Hose clips?? Now who could that be????? :oops:

Thanks so much for stopping to help, there were 2 cars that stopped to offer help from the meet (sorry i dont know everyone well enough to figure out who was who), but i really do appreciate it. It was just a boost hose clamp, i couldnt find the clamp,so just re-joined the hose and drove home on vacum, suprising how good the car is on fuel when driven sensibly :lol:

Now im adding hose clamps to my list of things to always carry a spare, along with socket set, oil, water, jack, and a kitchen sink to wash my hands in after roadside repairs!

No problems mate, cant leave a puma stranded, (even if I was in my Alfa) .

I know me and puma babe pulled over at the same time, but if others pulled over too thats great.

Glad you got it sorted.

Rich.

thanks for all the great feedback - glad you all enjoyed it

it was lovely for me to catch up with some old friends as well as meeting some new ones

Thanks to Ben for another great meet .
The weather very kind to us. Was great to meet up with some new faces bridget and Paul with there msb and the guy with the turbo FRP, it was us that stopped off. We didn't see under the bonnet earlier, but wow awesome!!!!!
Glad you managed to get home ok!!

Although I've got a few issues with my puma, I enjoyed giving it a run out yesterday.... Now the exhaust is blowing :'( we are hoping to fit a new drivers door lock motor ..... If the weather ets better later.... All good fun!!!

See you all again soon.
Julie & Kevin.

Ok, so it was Chardy, puma babe, and Julie and Kev that stopped! Well thank you all, most kind of you.

Julie&Kev, i see you are quite new to the site, so something you should know as a puma owner, there will ALWAYS be something wrong with your puma!!! :lol: There isnt a puma in the world that everything is fine on it!!!

PumaNoob said:
Ok, so it was Chardy, puma babe, and Julie and Kev that stopped! Well thank you all, most kind of you.

Julie&Kev, i see you are quite new to the site, so something you should know as a puma owner, there will ALWAYS be something wrong with your puma!!! :lol: There isnt a puma in the world that everything is fine on it!!!

Julie and Kev are old hands, just a new username

Somehow I missed all the action, didn't see anyone break down, nor did I even realise there was turbo in the vicinity :roll:

Thanks all, Ben especially! Oh, and hotrod for providing sweeties and for making me not the only one with a dirty car :wink:

Come on now, lets not be hasty, i didnt break down , i simply pulled over because there was a drop in power :lol: . As soon as id had a look for the clip, i got back in, started it, and drove home! Ive only just built it, so im sure it wont be the last of the teething problems. It was after the days events, on the way home. The turbo was the quietest racing puma there.

^^ Was that because you knew how to control your right foot when stationary?

:lol:

PumaNoob said:
Come on now, lets not be hasty, i didnt break down , i simply pulled over because there was a drop in power :lol: . As soon as id had a look for the clip, i got back in, started it, and drove home! Ive only just built it, so im sure it wont be the last of the teething problems. It was after the days events, on the way home. The turbo was the quietest racing puma there.

modded cars :roll:

:p

glad you got sorted and got home ok

Pumanoob,......i've had a puma for 5 years and we are not stranges to most of the people at the meet yesterday, i just belong to another forum too!!

Was good to meet you both yesterday, even though we only spoke in a layby.... i'd hope that other puma people would do the same for us!! :grin: :grin:

Dal said:
^^ Was that because you knew how to control your right foot when stationary?

:lol:

Lol, i cant even control mright foot when stationary! I see all these Pumas and get carried away. Maybe next time ill take the boost hose off before the meet, rather then after, and then ill have no option but to be sensible!

crystalpuma said:
Oops, sorry! Love that you dd it yourself, if I had my life again I'd be a mechanic!

Im only kidding,the car was in a lay-by with jacked up with the bonnet open!! To the untrained eye, it looks broken down!!!

Puma Babe said:
PumaNoob said:
Come on now, lets not be hasty, i didnt break down , i simply pulled over because there was a drop in power . As soon as id had a look for the clip, i got back in, started it, and drove home! Ive only just built it, so im sure it wont be the last of the teething problems. It was after the days events, on the way home. The turbo was the quietest racing puma there.

modded cars :roll:

glad you got sorted and got home ok

Ha ha, i knew i wouldnt have heard the last of you, im waiting for the hate mail!!

Julie&Kev said:
Pumanoob,......i've had a puma for 5 years and we are not stranges to most of the people at the meet yesterday, i just belong to another forum too!!

Was good to meet you both yesterday, even though we only spoke in a layby.... i'd hope that other puma people would do the same for us!! :grin: :grin:

Ok sorry, i just saw the few posts and put 2 & 2 together, and got 22!! :oops: You obviusly know the scene a lot better then i do!!

BenF said:
thanks everyone :)

hotrodspike said:
Cheers Ben, dow ate all the erbals at once.
(translate that for Vix)
tha twun ay thar ard tho - she woa need it shewerly?

Im a brummie and i dont know what the hell you just wrote!!!

Back