Dales Joint Meet - Saturday 15th March

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: sounds like you had a good day then Vix :) glad to hear it. I can't be arsed to re-type a load of stuff, so I'll just paste in what I posted on the dark side (or is this the dark side? I get confused easily :) )

Hello all, just back from the pub here about 10 minutes ago.

Just want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who managed to make it and make it such a fun day for me. Really glad you enjoyed the drive, even if it did finish about an hour after I thought it would...ooops lol. I was a little bit worried about keeping everyone together, but I think we just about managed it without too many problems.

More than happy to sort out another one here later in the year when we will have more daylight and hopefully better weather. Perhaps even ethe same route, but possibly in reverse next time for a bit of a difference.

Was great to see the usual suspects along with a couple of new faces too.

It seemed like a day for spotting some nice cars. R8 near the start of the drive, sexy hot rod type thing on the way into bakewell, Aston just outside Tideswell after the first stop, a porsche Cayman S blasting past at high speed on the dual carriage way and even the giggle from the 911 turbo with birdsh*t all over it's bonnet.

I might leave counting the money till the morning, but thanks to all the donations towards the cakes. As soon as I've counted it all, I'll let you know how much we made.

Thanks again guys (and gals) :D

Fantastic meet Paul, thanks for all the great organisation. Sorry we didn't say goodbye at the end, we managed to get lost en route to the start point, and couldn't find anyone again!

Cheers Dal for the plates, they look fab :)

Great to see everyone again :D

A grand day out :D Many thanks Paul for organising the day which was very enjoyable! Always good to meet up with old friends and new.

The drive was a great one with a mixture of nice bendy bits and village drive throughs : always funny to hear the kids pointing and going "eight, nine, ten..hang on theres more!" :funny:

The mist/fog made it a bit 'different' as we went through the higher countryside, and the sheep dodging around Chatsworth was fun.

I'll add a section to the Gallery in a mo for all the pictures. (Ed -Can be found -->here<--)

Thanks again everyone for making the meet what it was - it's the people that make a meet afterall.

:)

Great meet, good to see everyone!!
Them bends n the dales with them rather large dips(with no barriers) at the side of us in the thick fog was kinda scary!!
Isnt there a bulk upload tool?? going to take me ages to pload pics otherwise!
xx

vickydink said:
Isnt there a bulk upload tool?? going to take me ages to pload pics otherwise!
xx
Nope, sorry Dink, gotta do it individually. At least it'll give you a chance to think of some comments and captions for them. ;)

It was a great day, lovely to see everyone again. Even though I was only a passenger, and I dozed off on the way home, I was knackered by the time we got back!

Looks like someone else nodded off om the M1 on our way back - some poor car was in lanes 1 & 2, facing the wrong way with hardly any front end left. Cops were just arriving when I passed :(

I've added some pictures to the gallery :)

the pictures are looking cool there. :)

Just as an extra note, I've rounded the money collected to the nearest £10 and in total we managed to collect £70 which is pretty cool seen as there wasn't a huge amount of people there

thanks a lot :)

Great news! Money well needed by the charities.

The cakes were well worth it..lol

mort666 said:
R8 near the start of the drive

Got it on the video :-D
[albumimg]165[/albumimg]

Got back from the 'extended' meet at about 6pm tonight, spent today in Matlock with Julie may post some pics later.

Great meet- many thanks to Paul for the great organisation and a lovely driving route!

Maybe my Puma was dirty but I was there, you can't see the dirt when you're driving and I was there for the great people anyway!

Cheers all
Colin.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3JBL8YM938[/youtube]

Oh dear... What were you doing Bok & Crystalpuma!

:funny:

one of the highlights of the day the chicken dance :)

well done for capturing the R8 too colin. Had my window down at that point and it did sound very yummy indeed :)

:hide:

It's the organic free-range version of the birdy song dance of course cos you need room to move for this one :cool:

Julie and I went to nearby Matlock for a bit of sightseeing on Sunday, photos here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 862&ref=mf

Back