February 2010 Cumbria Meet (changed)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nippydee

NEW THREAD MOVED FROM APRIL!!

Cumbria Overnight Meet - poss 2 nights for the early start.

The old A6, Shap Road, get your head sorted for 20-ish miles of high speed, spectacular bends and fun straights. Windermere, Troutbeck Bridge and Kirkstone Pass, gorgeous countryside and lovely twisty roads.

My plan is as follows -

Meet at Ambleside Armitt car park early doors (will try organise section for club use)

Drive route - 'The Struggle' onto Kirkstone Pass -photo stop at the inn - maybe link up to old A6 Shap direction drop back round into Kendal and back towards Windermere on the Crook Road, quick foray through Bowness, across Ferry then via Hawkshead back to Ambleside (those heading back use Kendal for M6 and beyond) and for those who wish to stay in Ambleside overnight my parents have offered a group bookng discount for me (Cost £ To Be Confirmed) at :-

http://www.2cambridgevillas.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please re add your interest!
We can hold 15 people at a push 16. I will kip on the sofa downstairs and no doubt be helping with breakfast!
What are thoughts? February time before the roads get too busy.

Tina

probs wont be able to make this as wer planning on going away early May and will need the cash...

should be visiting Kendal and the old A6 in September too :)

Almost defo wont be there! running a festival an May, and attending a wedding nr newcastle the week before!

yeah Tina Menorca (Andys boss has an apartment and kindly renting it out to us) :) Ive put ya on the list lol!

Oooh Ross dont forget to visit if im in lol!!

Will do Zara, think the wedding is at Hexham.

This meet could be a possibility, depending on dates, re reading says April... just means another trip up north!

me 2.... last beachy holiday was about 5 year ago! lol

best holiday was still Nurburg though and we had sunshine too! :D

the old gimmer said:
As the man said .....I'm in.

Could you save some accomodation for me in ambleside....

I'll do it nearer the time when ive numbers.

If we book up the B&B my folks will discount everyone as a group booking and we can work out the per person £ average.

NB. Its a laugh but when its busy even I have to book a room for me & Steve - if im on my own I sleep on the sofa bed in the family's personal lounge!

Yours is even more recent than mine. I've never had a beach holiday - doesn't really appeal to me I'm afraid, but the Cumbria meet does. Please add me as a possible :)

BenF said:
more recent than mine - I last had a beachy hol in 2000!

Laying on a sandy beach covered in suntan oil? Sounds like hell. One gust of wind and you'll look like a doughnut and itch in some awkward places for weeks.

Dal said:
BenF said:
more recent than mine - I last had a beachy hol in 2000!

Laying on a sandy beach covered in suntan oil? Sounds like hell. One gust of wind and you'll look like a doughnut and itch in some awkward places for weeks.

^^^^ WHS ^^^^

I like any kind of holiday from sightseeing to just laying on a beach all day every day for a week getting up only to eat/drink/sleep etc

Put me down as a possible/probable cocka. Just make sure it's nowhere near to where the Cumbria bill put their lovely camera vans (which is virtually everywhere!)

Back