February 2010 Cumbria Meet (changed)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here is the list so far... I have 5-6 spaces left for accomodation to book the whole house off my folks...£price to follow but it wont be dear - and if a couple o' people dont mind bunking up for the one night it'll be a laugh to get more along (see below).

Me + Steve in his Fez Zetec S (ZSOC member)
Neil
Hotrodspike
Spike (maybe)
Old Gimmer
Studge
Mort 666
Zenthius (maybe)
Scotty1.7 (not staying)

We have accomodation to fill. Bedrooms are 2 family rooms (double/one single bed and double 2 single beds) 2 double rooms and a twin room. Be great to fill up the house! http://www.2cambridgevillas.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(all rooms have had a refurb and all have new lcd freeview flatscreen/dvd player tv's in since website photos last done)
Is it poss to arrange to 'bunk up' with buddies in the larger rooms so maybe couples can use the doubles? Be great to use the space so more members can stay. Hopefully after the meet drive we can peel off for a meal and drinks in Ambleside x

I will say im in- poss not staying though just pop up for the drive and photo sessions

Depends though

Hmm, I might be up for this, it's not too far across, but it depends on funds tbh Tina.

Put me down for a possible and I don't mind bunking up if I have to :p

Zenithus said:
Anyone would think that was a reason to complain... :roll:

:shock:

Hmmmmm hope you was meaning from Tina's point of view!

Hey - ive no problem being surrounded by guys! :) however a good mix of people would be great.

So - lets start planning. Whatcha reckon? Meet early Saturday for the drive - go out Saturday night? There is a great Chinese I could book just up the road. Also there are many pubs serving food and drinks, inc Sportsmans which has a late licence with a hidden nightclub underneath (ok its abit cheesy, full of students, but its fun if your in the mood). ((don't forget your driving the next day))

I will be planning the route ;-) and suggest a 30 mile round trip to include The Struggle - into Kendal via back roads and back towards Windermere, perhaps across the ferry (floating Puma's photo op). A quick foray through Grizedale - NO Rallying ;-) unless I can organise a part of the Coppermines Stage from the Rangers - then back to the B&B in Ambleside via Hawkshead.

Sunday at leisure, Ambleside gift shops, cruise on the lake - my folks B&B has access to The Low Wood Leisure Club which features pool, outdoor hot tub and jaccuzzi - a must to blast away the aches from the previous days drive :) or just potter home.

Lets hear what people want from the meet - and i'll try factor it in - or if your happy with the above i'll crack on to organise it!

Like the idea of a good days driving on the Saturday- I may even stick about for the nights entertainment (soft drinks though)

Like the sound of this but for the Saturday drive only.

When I saw shap road reference I got excited but it looks like a different part to the one I went down a few months back on my dales jaunt (see signature pics) as i wouldn't suggest driving fast along most of it as it was twisty and undulating as hell (Car in air type roads..lol)

Your route sounds like a less frenetic drive which is good, any chance you can make it longer as 30 miles seems a tad short. Put me as a definate possibility and remind me when it gets closer as I have mashed potato for a memory.....what were we talking about again :eek:k:

Oooo I love the Shap road! Its fun, but loving my Puma I agree its abit bouncy! In Feb might be abit slippery too. Ill be adding abit of Shap I think, i'll have to find out what road works are going on.

Ill have a look see when I go home next week. Im planning the route then. As many would be travelling to the meet anyway I thought a shorter drive would be good for those factoring distance, tiredness, petrol cost etc...

Good to have you along!

If it's the Feb 20th I'd definitely not be able to make it as I have other plans for that weekens sadly :(

Not sure about the 6th either at this point too :(

can we set a firm date, so people know :)

We cant make the 19th weekend either as at a wedding!

Back