My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds Quality !!! What BHP are you hoping to get from the ST Engine?

Did you see Fast Ford recently with the Girl who had a 330 bhp Puma?

Cheers
Scott

yeh saw that, thats a 2.1 zvh conversion,

as regards my engine i think id be happy to see about 180bhp, im not sure as to use ITB's or use cosworth parts like inlets, pistons, cams etc.

RIGHT!! Finally got my arse in gear and done some more to the car!

First off i was saick of my stone chipped bumper, lacquer was peeling off and wasnt much black left on there.... and it was only resprayed this time last year.. talk about a rubbish paint job, the bloke was crap!!

anyway been off work all week so took to my local bodyshop who did a top job on it, also had the number plate recess smoothed off so now its just a nice smooth grille... but it does leave to dilema of where to put the number plate... it currently sat in the window half covered.. :?

Pics are abit naff as they were taken under the car port but you get the idea... i'l get some better pics tomorrow

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture038.jpg

The yesterday i went to morelli paints to get some paint to do the cam cover, not the plastic one but the metal one underneath :grin:

Matched the paint as close to the colour of the samco hoses as i could.. and its pretty much bob on!

rocker off, masked up and keyed the surface
Picture030.jpg

Primed
Picture031.jpg

Painted
Picture032.jpg

And then the good old before and after pics for comparison
Before
Picture028.jpg

After
Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Im not sure how the paint will hold up as it just done from a rattle can but im gonna try and source another one and get it powered coated.

Not a bad weeks of tinkering considering i havent actually done much to it lately.

Oh and i also removed the silencer before the back box on the s/s piper system, so now its like a miltek being straight through with just a back box but still sounds low and burbles, pops and farts like mad now!! sounds awesome!

Next mods are 4 branch, SS4 cams, FRP map on the ECU and omex rev limter with launch control :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

More mods done today.... huge thankyou to Jacko for taking the time to give us a hand today!!

had a inlet duct off jacko ages ago so finally decided today would be the day that its going on the car...

started off by measuring up and then cutting the whole of on the bumper
Picture041.jpg

Picture039.jpg

then siliconed on to keep it solid on the car
Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

left it to dry and its on solid now, refitted the bumper and heres the finished article..
Picture048.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture049.jpg

And while the bumper was off and waiting for it to dry we solved the problem of where to put the number plate, got a sticky one and put it on the bonnet, quite like it myself but im sure it wont be to everyones liking

Picture046.jpg

On the drive home the car felt much more responsive on the throttle, obviously benefits from having air forced into the air box.. just need to get my bigger throttle body on next!!

Car is coming on loads now! im falling in love my puma all over again!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jacko in camo with a dremel : deadly!

:lol:

looking good jay,i like the bumper mod,tbh dont know why ford never did that in the 1st place

think jacko was trying to blend in with the camo gear lol

haha i think he was trying to blend in with the natural surroundings of his garden.

yeh ford should have done as standard on the FRP but its a mod id recommend to anyone now!

One of jackos special modded FRP air boxes so its much better than the standard restrictive rubbish, just feels alot more responsive now, its great!!

Awesome work with air duct you will have to be careful what you suck up going along with that!!!! it will be like a vacuum cleaner going down the road!!!

where can i buy one!! i have been trying to decide what to do with them little bits on the bumper so cutting a big hole in them sounds good to me! if i every get an air box i will do the FRP mod to it and my master plan will fall in too place! muhahaha!

you can get jack to make you the little scoop, just send him a pm im sure he'll be happy to make you one up.

it shouldnt suck anything up as theres another hole on the side of the airbox so if it becomes submerged in water it will just suck air through the other hole, its tried and tested by jacko himself!

yeh im gonna get some ST mesh spray it black and make a little grill i can just bond into it,

might even try to make some ST mesh grills for the bumper aswell..

***ive just bought something else aswell.... but that will be revealed when i get it***

VERY nice jay!

loving the intake!

I have had the cold air feed on mine for a while which goes to my meshed from bumper but I put an induction kit on over winter... my engine bay is DITCHED!

cone filter is soooooo dirty... a mesh grill I would say is a must.

that number plate is just like the mk1 mx-5s and I do like them so I can see where your going with that. I think once the cars back together it will be much more like-able.

Really liking the smooted bumper, and the side duct.

Don't forget, if you are planning on getting the FRP map, you will also need a TAPE ECU, looking at your lambda's, it would appear that you have either a DIVE or a QQPI item, neither of which will take the FRP map. Keep an eye on eBay as they come up from time to time, and of course try to get one with two transponders. There is a guy from zsoc in Barnsley / Rotherham / Doncaster (can't recall which) who will do you the FRP map quite cheap.

Nice one mate...!looks good and glad it got sorted :D
I see the sticky plates gone on aswell lol

is that becasue you changed your mind? or a new bonnet on the cards? ;)

Back