the dales are alive - info thread (25th)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, you can manage with just the one mirror. That's all I ever have on mine and I'm sure you saw how small it is on the bar at the last meet :)

hopefully the chain will jsut need adjusting unles it's on it' last legs and hopefully the engine will keep going for a while yet. If not, bits or even full engines must be easily sourced :)

Yeah it's just really noisy, i can't decide if it's cam chain, tappets, valve clearances etc.

The problem I have is that I already took it somewhere to be looked at they charged me an obscene amount of money, changed my alternator (didn't need changing i might add) didnt fix the noise.. they took it back in.. made it quieter FoC .. and now 3 months later its noisy again but I dont want to pay them another fortune for a temporary fix for the money I paid them I could have bought a second hand engine!

I'm so used to having my mirror though, it's near side and I use it to see once im passed what ever it was I just overtook :) now i have to look back every time or just guess that i might be passed based on my speed and his and hope he hadnt sped up! (not a great theory imo)

As for the chain.. I think it needs replacing, i've done 5k on it and i'm not sure when it was last replaced.

Sorry for hijacking the thread with bike talk!

lol, no problem, it's my thread :lol:

Just to go on topic for a sec I've just phoned the pub/restaurant and told them to expect a group of about 25 people for lunch at 12PM tomorrow. they said they would reserve and area for us. It's under my name (Paul Fishwick) if I get delayed at all and people want to sit down before I get there :)

Dal said:
Available for download here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/pubfiles/Dalesmeetroute.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1st post updated too..

bok; wanna sell me the porsche..........! (there worth a fortune these days!!! you should def restore it)

im a grown (kinda!) & iv always got at least one rc to play with. my current one is a tiny 1/16 tamiya buggy. brushless motor, lithium batteries & FAR too fast for a little lightweight toy but its nothing compared to one of my kids at school....

hes built a 1/10 rc chassis up (very pro chassis he got 2nd hand) with 16 (SIXTEEN!!!!) lithium cells and a monster of a brushless motor. he runs it up the road the school is built around at going on 60mph!!!!!! you get the doppler effect as it whizzes past, hes had to glue the tyres on to stop them exploding, it goes that fast you can see it hunker down under its own downforce!!!!!!!!!!! another kid did similar and geared it for 120mph!!!! (but he worked out due to drag it only does 80mph......!!!)

(and yes theyv both been on 'private' roads hanging out the passenger side of their parents cars to speed test them! nuts!)

anywho, see you all 2mrw

Nearly didn't bother washing mine for the meet... but annoyance about the state of the old banger made me wash it.

New tyres in the morning as well before we head up :D

Just heading off to bed so I'll see you all tomorrow morning when you can all admire the lovely rust features on my puma. I'm sure it will make a couple of people more happy about how bad theirs is :lol:

New back tyres fitted - ready to roll :cheer:

(After this cuppa and this bacon sarnie ;) )

Thanks for a great meet Paul :eek:k:

Have rang Luke and gave him your number regarding the calipers & pads so expect a call off him soon also told him to leave you the money (£54) when he collects and I'll get it off you probably at the Chatsworth meet. Thanks again. :eek:k:

Cheers mate. Glad you enjoyed the meet. Should be no problem sorting him out with the calipers and pads too :)

Dunk......some of the locations on the vid seem strangely familiar ;) lol

great meet Paul - thanks for the work you did in putting it together :)

lovely company, some great roads and some stunning scenery (even if I did get to see rather more of it than most)

thanks also to Zara and Col for my little gift ;)

Latest posts

Back