The Skippy Kitten

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broke out the DA polisher today. Gentle correction of each front wing and smoked side repeaters fitted:

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

After a week of effort I now have
New front lower bushes (in new Delphi arms)
New rear bushes
Wheels aligned
Aircon recharged
New Heater control valve and control panel = working heating!
Tinted side repeaters
New spark plugs (old ones worn to ~1.6mm)
Floor mats!
Corrected paint on front wings
Rear full mudflaps

Just the rust and paint damage to go... Honest.

Minor update as I won't have any Pumatime until next weekend at the earliest: I put a little dehumidifier inside on Thursday- I copied the 'Bishop! This is in preparation for attacking the rust from the inside. The good news is that there's about 100ml total water and 20% humidity as I write this.

Skippy said:
I copied the 'Bishop!
Never ever copy the Bishop! Otherwise, 4 years down the line you'll have spent a small fortune on a car worth a few hundred quid and still have leaks, rattles and a knackered gearbox. Word to the wise and all that! :lol:

Sounds like yours is water tight at least and it looks stunning in the pictures!

The Arch Bishop said:
Sounds like yours is water tight at least and it looks stunning in the pictures!
Thank you. It's a work in progress. I'll be happier when I've attacked the corrosion. Only once that's sorted will the paint and trim get some proper attention...

Skippy said:
Broke out the DA polisher today. Gentle correction of each front wing and smoked side repeaters fitted:

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG
Wow! Lovely work, sir - keep it up! :cool:

Back trouble meant that I didn't fancy leaning in and crawling around the back of the Kitten today. I decided to clean the headlights up a bit instead. I only had 1500 grade wet and dry. I could have done with 1000 first to speed it up. Followed that with autosol on a rayon 75mm pad on the DA. Refined with 2 passes of Menzerna. Intensive Polish. Finished with Final Polish II, which didn't really add anything. One coat of Werkstat Prime followed by Jett.

IMG_0271.JPG

I think i may need an archeologist to help me with the fuel filter....

IMG_0329.JPG

She's running pretty well already though, so is not expecting much from a replacement. :grin:
Does the jubilee clip suggest it was changed at least once?

those fuel filters always look like shit, i wouldnt worry lol, just yank that one off and put a new one in quickly :)

I did wonder if that was reasonable - it just looks like it's been on for ages. New one on the way. I've sprayed the clip with GT85 every day this week, so hoping it'll be an easy job.

It was an easy job(*) not that much petrol came out. No noticeable change just turning over for a few minutes and prodding randomly at the accelerator.

* assuming I haven't ballsed it up. No fireballs or explosions yet.

Latest posts

Back