Bloody Hyundai!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^^^^^
hijack.gif

Hi
You should always road test a car after the wheels have been off i have worked in many high dealerships and seen people sacked for not road testing after repair. People seem to forget that every time you get a car repaired you put your life and trust in the technicians hands. Ive seen what shit is out there called mechanics. ive had to repair there work that has nearly killed people.

Paul

Yeah quick to take your money but without a warranty most of us could get stung by mechanics we rely on to fix our cars

Personally I only use garages I've been to before and know them to avoid being stung

I always go on personal recommendations and so far only one garage* has not made any mistakes with my car (and I have used a lot!) and that is Tremona, who are based hundreds of bloody miles away!!!!! Argh!

*Make that two!

Well, a bit of a follow up.

The gearbox investigation proved inconclusive (or so I was told), but as a "gesture of goodwill", I now have a new gearbox in my car, £50 off the clutch/flywheel work and I'm out motoring again!

All sorted in the end then, but this experience has left me completely untrusting of these big chain garages like Mr. Clutch, Kwik Fit, etc. I'll be taking the Coupe down to my local mechanic from now on, rest assured!

Yeah I'm pleased with the way it worked out in the end... Could've ended up with a huge fight through trading standards and I'm glad it didn't go to that!

Still unsure whether to sell the car or keep it though... It's not it's fault some muppet broke the gearbox though, so I might keep it for now. It drives absolutely beautifully!!

I guess, if you enjoy driving it, and its now up together with a new clutch & box... then no reason to change it!

What a result did u find out which mechanic was driving it I have a feeling he thought mmmmmm ...V6 jumped in and thrashed it which caused it to go bang

If it was me would sell up and look for a mint 1 but nothings to say it couldn't happen again at least you had all new parts

Pleased to hear it worked out in the end :)

You might aswell keep it now that you've spent money on it mate.

Really pleased for you mate! :D

As for keeping it, well sounds like everyones experience with a puma.... you go through periods of loving it and hating it, thing is, you just need to ask yourself is the car itself worth it? You sold the Puma beacuse stuff needed doing and this one, so far has cost you more.

PLeased your back out there on the roads...! now get your arse down here soon for a visit :p

I'll be keeping it for now, I love driving it now it doesn't jump around and slip all the time! :D

And Z, I'll be down soon! You got any free weekends in August? :p

good good mate! :D

Erm August lol.... well I have Ford Fair, Supercars meet and Duxford so not really lol :lol:

Back