Leics meet 14 April 2012

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The menu at the Noodle Bar:

http://www.everymenu.co.uk/loughborough/chinese/noodle_bar-5982.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

75 is a traditional favourite

8482fdb9.jpg

61a5312a.jpg

I just want to apologise in advance for whoever gets behind me, in case I have not got the problem sorted but I am having some issues with the FRP chucking out unburnt fuel so if this is not fixed in time (either HEGO sensor or cat problems) I apologise for the stink from my pipe!

lol I dont think so - but then againi drive the car from the front seat not behind so I dont know :lol: its chucking some smoke out though bloody thing!

If Zara is getting flames we can change the evening meal at the Noodle Bar to a bbq!!

Does Leicester have one meet a year? and why is it called Leicester meet not Loughborough meet :wink: lol

Gary

scofield.1 said:
Does Leicester have one meet a year? and why is it called Leicester meet not Loughborough meet :wink: lol

a very good question!

the first meet I went to was a Leicester meet, and from memory the Leicester meets were irregular fixtures starting from various locations. I went to 2 or 3 before I organised one (2005 iirc), and I arranged that the start was at Copt Oak which is about half way between Leicester and Loughborough

after that I have done at least one a year (often with help from AndyW or Jacko) and there seemed no reason why I shouldn't start the meet closer to my home - 'it's my ball so it's my game' and all that!

anyway, more people will know where Leicester is than Loughborough!

unless someone wishes to take them over from me, the days of Leicester meets are likely to be numbered - this will be the 3rd one I have organised since I sold my puma and I keep saying that each one will be my last...

I am told that the meets are really good, so noone will want to take the job away from you now lol As for not owning a Puma now, organising the meets just gives you time to enjoy them again. I am guessing you would still want to attend even if you didn't organise! Does anyone organise any for the summer?

Gary

if you want to take them over from me that is fine! The last couple of meets I have gone as a passenger of whoever would give me a ride! Car-hopping was a lot of fun, actually (maybe not the description I would use when I was Zara's passenger!)

general experience says that too many people are away/have other commitments during the summer months - attendances are best in spring and autumn

Latest posts

Back