Leics meet 14 April 2012

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also self-explanatory lmfao :) cant wait not long now dave be good to catch up, and you zara :) not kicking stones up at 401.. she already got stone chips on bumper :(

I'll be gentle with you mate ;) lol

the bumper is the worst place for stone chips :( should have seen the one at RS Coombe a couple of years back it looked white with blue stone chips was that bad! :|

p.ainsworth - Hello there.My name is Paul. I am new to the club. There will be 3 of us coming. Thank you. We are looking forward to it. :grin:

Warren, you've not got a good track record when it comes to your car surviving a meet unscathed... :?

thinking about it, its definitely me that is the curse.

First attendance, i was passenger in jackos car when driveshaft snapped.
second attendance, my car caught fire
third attendance, my gearbox exploded.

Not looking good is it :oops:

I'd don't think you had any problems on the Brighton meet with your little Fiesta... but then you went and bought a Puma from bodgespeed... :p

p.ainsworth said:
p.ainsworth - Hello there.My name is Paul. I am new to the club. There will be 3 of us coming. Thank you. We are looking forward to it. :grin:

and we are looking forward to meeting you, Paul!

warren; from that list it looks like im overdue for a breakage! might 'go slow' rebuilding mine!!!!

jacko you blew your engine up LOL. i think that counts as breakage!!

To be fair, every breakdown or failure ive had has been due to bodgespeed parts.

The bushes are fucked because they were lazy and didnt press out the old ones when they polybushed the front end.

The gearbox went bang due to 2.1 bar of boost set up by bodgespeed.

the fire was due to inadequate heat insulation, overlooked by bodgespeed.

the fuel pump dying was due to them using a 20 year old sierra pump and dodgy bodged wiring.

My suspension snapped due to bodgespeed using 20 year old suspension top bearings and cups rather than buying new.....

The clutch has died in 14k miles, of which 10k was relatively sensibly driven by me (in clutch terms).

I ran out of electric and killed a battery due to pumabodge dodgy wiring.

I had a blow out on the rear due to a piece of metal rubbing on the tyre, again a bodgespeed thing that could have been solved with a hammer whack.

cooling fans died due to 20 year old sierra wiring bodged.

Broke down on motorway due to more dodgy wiring!!

You get the picture!!

Only thing i cant blame them for is tyres and cambelt.

BenF said:
The management is pleased to announce the date of the next Leicster meet: Saturday 14 April. (with thanks to Neil for being flexible with the date for his meet.)

As in previous years, we will begin the meet at the Harvester Pub/Restaurant (LE11 4EX) at midday.

The plan is that I will lead the afternoon drive as a passenger in someone else's car (or different people's if they will let me - as I have at previous Leicester meets.)

FOOD! Lunch is at the Harvester pub, evening meal for those that are staying will be at the Noodle Bar in Loughborough (LE11 2DS) - if you are staying you will need 50p for the car park in the evening.[/color]As I get further information I will update this first post so please come back and look at this post.

Get the date in your diary and let me know if you are coming!

Those confirmed attending:
BenF (Ben)
Midnight Blue (Pat)
Puma Babe (Yvonne)
Spike (Ross)
Dal and Cherie (Dal and Cherie)
Neil (Neil)
Zara (Zara)
Hotrodspike (John)
Martinthrapston (+1?) (Martin)
Mort (Paul)
Yip (Paul)
Crystalpuma (Vix)
Scofield.1 +1 (Gary + James)
Chardy (Rich)
PumaJay (Jay)
Evil Monkey (Dave)
Warrenpenalver (Warren)
Jacko +1 (Jacko + Charlotte)
PumaBen (self-explanatory I assume!)
Jay FRP#401 (also self-explanatory!)
Dave93.marsh (err, Dave)
p.ainsworth +2 (Paul Ainsworth) Hi there. I am a new member to the club.

I think you can add p.ainsworth to the list Ben :)

@ Warren - 'BodgeSpeed' :lol:

Nearly as good KerchingBuild...

Hello there. My name is Paul and I am new to Project Puma. This is the first meet (Leicester Meet) I am going to be going on. If there is anything I need to know before I come please can someone message me to tell me. I am looking forward to the meet and I will be bringing my wife and daughter with me. Thanks alot. :grin:

kerchingbuild....oh god i like that!!!!!!!!! :)

im only really rebuilding this current engine cos kerchingbuild supplied one with the wrong cams, gearbox ......etc
still don't know how 'id like a new (used) block please' translates to 'transplant whole 1.7 engine and box into this frp please...'!!!! with added bonus of not putting half the bits back properly....took me years to track all the bodges down

Hi can you add me to the list for 14/4 meet please.
Has anyone got a spare couch that I can crash on, so I can have a few beers, as it's a long drive home to London?

you're added!

unable to help with a couch though, I am afraid - it is quite usual for the drivers not to drink alcohol though so you'll be in good company

btw - do you want to give me your real name for the list in the first post?

Latest posts

Back