Frozen Motorsport UK Dunlop Ford Puma Cup

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Scotsman

Frozen Motorsport has just launched and with that has just seen a rather timely event.
The creation of the UK Ford Puma Cup for 2014.

With this, FM will be entering a team vehicle to compete.

As the regulations are still currently being fine combed and awaiting MSA to complete the relevant paperwork. We are beginning our preparation. Due to varying circumstances, FM is looking to compete a half season, however should relevant parties be located then there is scope to compete a full season.
2014 will be a trial and testing year with 2015 being the full season of 8 Championship races along with 2 supporting events and an individual race at the Spa racing circuit, with potential of entering a second car under the team name.

At this time we are in negotiations with the organisers trying to get as much information as possible to get a running start at this.

To all those who love the Ford Puma and the racing aspect of this, we are enquiring as to whether you may wish to have some involvement within this and what you could potentially bring to the party. Anyone considering a driving position, please be aware that you must hold a National B Racing Licence to compete.
Other skills and professions are sought after so please whatever you feel if you wish, that could be beneficial to the team and wish to participate in the racing community then please feel free to show your intentions. By all means send a PM if you wish to discuss things privately.
Currently we have the ability to run the team and car but to quote a poor phrase, "The more the merrier".

For more information the please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Mac

Here is the 2014 Dunlop Ford Puma Cup season Calendar

March 27th Snetterton – Test Day

April 12th/13th Snetterton (300)

May 10th/11th Silverstone (National)

May 31st/1st June Brands Hatch (Indy)

June 27th/28th/29th Spa Franchorchamps

July 12th/13th Castle Combe

August 2nd/3rd Anglesey (Coastal)

August 30th/31st Donington Park (National)

September 20th Oulton (International)

September 27th Oulton (International))

October 18th/19th Snetterton (200)

hi mac,

we ran a special gt for 8 seasons so let me know if you need any help, we did full car setup and mechanics.

which circuits are you looking at and which car are you running?

simon

The Championship is limited to 1.7 Ford Puma's only and also some control measures on components.
I cannot publish the event dates and locations yet until everything has been finalised by MSA.

Was looking at entering a car myself but the lack of details makes it hard for me to commit.

I will be sending you a message about this soon.

This was our monster, guessing it wouldn't be eligible !!!!

420bhp V8 800kg
0-60 2. something
top speed 187mph (thruxton)

Flying Scotsman said:
The Championship is limited to 1.7 Ford Puma's only and also some control measures on components.
I cannot publish the event dates and locations yet until everything has been finalised by MSA.

Flying Scotsman said:
PumaJay said:
Well further to our conversation earlier mac I'm thinking if booking my ards test in the new year

That's good news. If I do mine beforehand I'll give you a low-down on requirements etc

That would be a help, safe to say mac this is something that has grabbed my attention and is a very exciting prospect, hopefully everything falls into place and comes good

Yes of course Jay.
We have had great interest in this and as a minimum of what i'm looking to achieve, I will be looking to confirm two more peoples participation in this today.

Puma Babe said:
what sort of 'other skills & professions' are you after Mac?

I've been very tight-lipped in this regard simply to see who has the passion for this and offer up whatever they can.
The main areas that have been looked at are Drivers, Mechanics and Pit Crew and Logistical Support.

Flying Scotsman said:
Puma Babe said:
what sort of 'other skills & professions' are you after Mac?

I've been very tight-lipped in this regard simply to see who has the passion for this and offer up whatever they can.
The main areas that have been looked at are Drivers, Mechanics and Pit Crew and Logistical Support.
I am also looking for someone/company who can paint the car to the cheapest cost possible.

Financial sponsorship will be sought after also and an incentive program put into place for season participants.

Kizza said:
I have been looking at this and would like to see the specs 1st before I committed to anything as I want to race my puma when its up and running but don't know weather it will be able to compete due to the body and suspension changes that I have made.

Yes I can already say that the changes that you have made are outside of the regulations for the championship.
It has been designed so that you can race on a budget. But that word "budget" is not a £100, its £5000-6000 for the car to be fully constructed, but that includes buying a vehicle. There are very little alterations to the vehicle itself and minimal performance enhancements.

Back