1st May- Not exactly a meet - but welcome to join!*UPDATE*

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Basically the weekend of 23rd April Ive booked myself in to the Travelodge at Scotch Corner for 2 nights - £19 pernight which I thought was canny!

Having abit of a Northern Driving weekend in the Yorkshire Dales

Plan is:

Friday 29th April - travel to Scotch Corner
Satuday 30th April - redo the Yorkshire Dales Buttertubs route with plenty photo opportunities
Sunday 1st May - check out and head for the Ribble head viaduct (do a google search lol) and plan a route over there before heading down the M6 and across back to Leicestershire!

*UPDATE*

Bit of a change of plan for this...
As Andy is keeping his Puma and has decided to come along this will be moved to the weekend after.
Also we will be out with the cars on the Saturday BUT
Sundays plan is to stay the same: meet at Scotch Corner, your welcome to join us along the Buttertubs Pass to Ribblehead viaduct - down the M6 and heading back to Leicestershire :)

A very long time ahead for me to plan anything but guess what...as it's you and I can fall out my bed and be at Scotch Corner, I'm in!!

Can't turn down a meet of any description so close to home but make sure this thread is hammered nearer the time so I don't forget...lol.

What made you book a weekend up here so early, you missing the North...lol

might be very tempted with this one although on two wheels of course.

got a winter project for the bike and if I have my dates correct, the weekend after that will be the first official unveiling at a bike club meet, so if I'm allowed I might use your weekend as a shake down run (you don't have to wait for me when it breaks down by the way :lol:)

yippeekiay said:
A very long time ahead for me to plan anything but guess what...as it's you and I can fall out my bed and be at Scotch Corner, I'm in!!

Can't turn down a meet of any description so close to home but make sure this thread is hammered nearer the time so I don't forget...lol.

What made you book a weekend up here so early, you missing the North...lol

lol yeah I can fall out of bed at Scotch corner aswell lol!

Basically me and Andy have always said we'd go back to the dales with the Puma's, but his will be gone come Sunday. I still want to go up and as the last weekend in April Andys at snooker in Sheffield thought id make a weekend of it myself!

I miss it in some ways but Im still all Northern! :D

Anyones welcome to join, thats why I posted as I know some of you would be interested in coming with :)

Dont worry Yip Ill hammer it the couple of weeks running up to ;)

The road leading up to the viaduct is fab - really smooth and lots of sweeping bends.

Yeah Neil, thats why I want to go. And when youd said about going to find it lol its somthing I wanna do!!!

If you look on Google Earth, there is a good photo opportunity right in front of the viaduct. I tried to find the track leading to it last time I was there, - I have no idea how I missed it! Looking at it on Google, it's pretty obvious where it was!

Top Gear did the new Jag XK test all around that area - those are some great roads :eek:k:

lol thanks mate :eek:k:

I'll start having a proper look over xmas methinks!

i thought i was the only person who did this, i go to scotland though one year i got a room for £9

take the road upto tanhouse thats a amazing road very near to buttertubs

ok mate, slight change of plan though...

Instead of the weekend invite, make it the Sunday 30th as Andy is keeping the Puma we'll be going out on the Saturday together but your more than welcome to join us on the Sunday :)

meeting at Scotch Corner.

Times will be updated nearer :)

Back