N.e Spring meet - Northumberland coastal route!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Right Guys N.E Spring edition is here :D

Saturday 27th Feb....

We will be meeting at the Ikea car Park at the metro Centre at 10.30am ready to leave for 11am

Ikea.jpg

We will be heading North up the A1 until we reach the A697 turn off heading towards Wooler, from here we will head to Alnwick using one of the various country roads ;) into Alnwick..(when I drive the route I will let you all know which road I decide to take) possibly the B6341.

We will stop in Alnwick for lunch @ The Queens Head (me and Andy ate there earlier this year, very good value for money and food is also very nice)

From Alnwick we shall head over towards Bamburgh Castle via the B1340 through Seahouses and continue to Bamburgh

Stop for a quick break.. maybe coffee
then begin heading South via the B1340, picking up the B1339 and joining the coast road (A1068)

from here we will pick up the A189 and then the A19
Through the Tyne Tunnel ;) (currently £1.20)

and will finish at the Storybook car park in Boldon Colliery - NE35 9PB

Attending:

Zarablackcoupe
Mort666
Neil
Scotty 1.7
Zenithus
Lanithro

dunno mate havent looked... been planning this for a while anyways ;)

I have a strange idea- why not do a drive up the n.e coast- across the dales and meet up with the Cumbria meet as well?

OK, haven't been on for ages so missed this thread...

I'll almost definitely be going, but it depends on work and such, although I would much rather go on the meet than do any form of work... haha!!

Matthew might be up for coming too, so we'd have to drive a bit slower so he could keep up in his 1.4!

One point Z... Alnwick's usually pretty busy on a lunchtime and parking is scarce at best, do you think it will be OK?

OK< just to let everyone know...

Because of Zara's circumstances and lack of any good fortune atm... she's asked me to take over and organise this meet in her absence.

Obviously, this is still a way off yet so there's no rush to put your name down or anything, and I'll be doing the same route that Zara originally had in mind.

Hope everyone is OK about this, was definitely a reluctant decision on my part!

Does Z Wanna ride shot gun with some one? not fair leaving her out of the fun and games

I won't be attending Scotty...

Thanks for taking over Jamie mate

Back