Vpower / MPG discussion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if you get over 45mpg you are doing extremely well regardless of how much you have left in your tank. It is nice seeing that 400 roll round though :D

400 miles to a tank is definitely possible, though I've only managed to do it once.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=2166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish I could have continued as would have reached it by the sound of it! Just couldn't risk running out of petrol on M25!

Latest tank....

330 miles before light, filled up at 350 miles
Took 36.2 litres at 89.9p
Cost £32.62

43.95 MPG

:D

Generally steady driving to and from York (around 35 miles each way) with occasional heavy acceleration. Good runs make a difference!

So does buying Vpower etc make ANY difference? It seems to last a little longer but with it being that little bit more expensive seems to even it out, making it a case of whatever you want to buy, guess the differnece.

I used to use Ultimate in the 1.7 because it just about covered its cost in fuel savings but meant less frequent visits to fuel stations which I hate.

Now I go 580 miles between fills and I'm happier

Also better for the environment :D

The trouble is I am used to getting fuel from Asda as I drive past every day (except when cycling!) and so it saves petrol to fill up there!

I know you hate it, but go round via Tescos and get their super then Vix ?

Last Tank = 326 Miles. (36.6mpg)
Tank before that = 425 Miles. (48.8mpg)
Both on standard Tesco Fuel.

The difference is a lot between steady & spirited driving.
400 on a tank is easy when including a good run
Imo 500 IS possible, I just haven't got round to trying for it yet.

yippeekiay said:
Imo 500 IS possible, I just haven't got round to trying for it yet.

That's 54mpg running the tank completely dry.

:shock:

just like having a car and killing the planet?

:p

Sounds like you're not too fond of Tesco?
Did they burn your house down or something? :s

Another metaphorical pin to stick in the supermarket petrol doll. 8)

In the last 6 months, my average has been a consistent of 42 mpg, and I always fill up at the Shell garage on the way to work.

Last week I filled up at Tesco after getting a voucher for 5p off a litre of fuel.

My MPG this week was 38.7.

By no means a conclusive experiment, and not the lowest MPG I've ever had in the Millie, but definitely lower than average, with my normal commuting journey.

:eek:

I am only getting 230/240 miles until the light comes on. I do tend to do lots of short trips and work is only 10/12 miles away (depending on route) I dont thrash the car so why am i getting so much less out of a tank ??

Latest posts

Back