Vpower / MPG discussion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
according to the trip computer, and using Morrisons fuel, best i got was 40.3mpg,
worst was around 38.8mpg on the A64 to Scarborough and back....
For a 2.0L 16v Cougar carrying 4 passengers and a boot fully loaded im really surprised & pleased with that

big engine, doesnt have to work as hard. my dads s class runs at about 2300rpm doing 60 on the motorway, thats a 3.2. still a thirsty bugger though.

Family mondeo with the same engine as that Cougar never reaches mpg like that, usually around 32 but then it only ever goes 10 miles at a time.

I got 352 miles until the light came on mine this afternoon (before my car broke down)

What kind of mpg will this give me?

(I had to add some petrol once the light came on due to a fault with the car, therefore making it more difficult to work out my mpg)

red said:
Family mondeo with the same engine as that Cougar never reaches mpg like that, usually around 32 but then it only ever goes 10 miles at a time.

That will be because of the short journeys, my figures were based on a run....
But if it starts going below 35+mpg around town id start looking at sensors etc (or your right foot :lol: )

chris3boro said:
I got 352 miles until the light came on mine this afternoon (before my car broke down)

No way of knowing. We have no idea how full it was when you started. You can add several litres by patient filling after the statutory two clicks of the pump.

XIIVVX said:
chris3boro said:

No way of knowing. We have no idea how full it was when you started. You can add several litres by patient filling after the statutory two clicks of the pump.

That's a bugger! Got to the end of the tank only for the test to be ruined! lol oh well. I think between 42-45 mpg

Only way to really know your mpg is to brim the tank so you can see the petrol in the filler. Then drive, then refill back to the same spot so you can see the petrol again. Only then will you be able to know exactly how much fuel you've used per miles driven.

Dal said:
Only way to really know your mpg is to brim the tank so you can see the petrol in the filler. Then drive, then refill back to the same spot so you can see the petrol again. Only then will you be able to know exactly how much fuel you've used per miles driven.

Yep and that was exactly what I was on my way to do when my car transformed into a diesel go-kart lol.

So far this tank...

[albumimg]645[/albumimg]

350 miles, and the light is still not yet on. That's generally pootling to work at about 60 mph, a couple of trips to Tesco down the road. Plus the trek out to Hunstanton for the meet, which included a slightly spirited blast down a duel carriageway (no comments on speed please Dal :p).

Cherie said:
.. which included a slightly spirited blast down a duel carriageway (no comments on speed please Dal :p).

zipped.gif

My lips are sealed.

Light on at 370.1 miles, so to work and back to Caxton to fill up at Shell will be another 37 miles on top of that... the magical 400 mile mark on one tank.

I just hope my gauge isn't throwing a hissy fit... :pinkeye:

I haven't got one!

As long as the gauge is ok, and I've no reason to suspect it isn't, getting to work and back shouldn't be a problem. I can always fill up at the Shell garage near Marshalls if I decide to chicken out going for the 400 miles!

I just drove at 65mph for the whole weekend (slowed down a bit for roundabouts ;)) and got 46mpg. I am in a state of shock! AND this is with standard ECU and Asda fuel!

Is it just me or is that bloody good? Means I could get 400 miles to a tank easily with posh fuel!

Yup - very good Vix - must have been agony for you staying under 70!

:eek:

N.B 46mpg = 405 miles to a tank if the Puma tank is 42 litres?

Do I get to be a 400 mile tanker? I didn't ever get that far as had to fill up due to lack of petrol stations between M3 and my house!

Latest posts

Back