Vpower / MPG discussion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40 miles to work, about half on motorway, rest queuing into the city centre and then out of the other side to work

Must have a light right foot.

Unlike others I could mention....

whistling.gif

I have but purely on motorway cruising. I seem to remember getting on or near the 400 mark on my drive down to Hastings. Never beat 300 on the roads though.

With normal unleaded I get 32-33 Mpg and with Vpower I get 36-37 but Right now I'm trying to get 300 miles to a tank.

400 miles to a tank! Do you drive like a nun?

I maintain 400 is impossible unless its 100% motorway, cruising at 70 or under.

Im on my second tankfull since starting this little experiment, but with the big drive to fiesta in the park next week i wont be able to drain the tank before then. My average weekly mileage is down to about 100 now with my biking to work.

Well I'm doing a 520 mile round trip tomorrow, and I plan to go steady and not like a bat out of hell.

We'll see what economy I get ;)

I don't think 400 is possibly. At least not from my car doing 70 ish for the full tank. Have tried it more than once and the best I have got is just below 360.

I think i'll have another 350 mile round trip late next week :|

I think there is a challenge to be had with this.

But did we buy Puma's to see how far we can get on a tank?

I think it's more a sign of the times than our driving ambitions. :(

There may be something in that Jasper.

I get 40mpg 95% of the time anyway, so not such an issue with me.

I'm usually in the region of 38-42mpg which i'm happy with.

I can't help but enjoy the way the car drives though!

Wow. That's great MPG. What kind of roads / conditions do you drive in?

Mine is largely the daily commute, a bit of stop start then a quick blast round the bypass.

:oops: slight typo :lol:

I do 80 miles a day to work and back via a variety of A, M & B roads

80 miles? If i drive to work its about 8 miles or so. I tend to only drive in once a week for the reason that such a short journey doesnt do the engine many favours. Currently done 160 miles and still over half a tank so might be on for the 300 mile mark again.

DradusContact said:
I maintain 400 is impossible unless its 100% motorway, cruising at 70 or under.

Trust me, it isn't impossible. There are no motorways in Suffolk or Norfolk.

You do have to brim the tank

You do have to run to about 40 miles with the red light on.

You do have to drive smoothly with keen observation and a lot of anticipation

You have to remember it's the middle pedal that eats up the fuel.

Well after our steady run on saturday, my light finally came on this morning on the way to work.

Last night:
311.jpg

Arriving at work:
3408.jpg

Now if I were to push it, I think I'd be able to get at least 360 out of it and maybe 370.

I had a bit of stop, start through traffic on the way to and from work the last couple of days and some running about town journeys as well so I think 400 is possible.

That's running on Esso Supreme. If it were BP Ultimate then I think I'd have got slightly more.

Hi
My wife’s 1.7 does 360 miles on Shell to a tank neck filled but only 320 miles when filled up from our local Tesco

Shaun :grin: :grin: :grin:

Update! Finally got chance to let it run down now, not going to fill it up until it empties. So heres my latest, after 251 miles, just on a quarter. The magical 300 mark is within my sights!

[albumimg]460[/albumimg]

I've noticed a difference in Tesco vs Shell. Last couple of times I've filled up with shell and getting over 300 miles before the light comes on. The one time recently I've filled up at Tesco, I only got about 270 or something before the light.

I've only filled up 4 times in total on the Millie, so need a bit longer to make a positive connection between where I fill up and the mpg I get (got 44mpg on the way up to parents and on to Manchester on Saturday).

Back