Vpower / MPG discussion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm off on a 800 mile round trip to Scotland again this coming weekend : leaving at about 1am saturday morning and plan to take it at a steady 55-60 mph so I'll let you know my mpg. Might fill it to the brim with BP Ultimate just to see what I can get.

Even going to fit my old prop wheels to get a comfier ride (am I getting old? :( )

Dal said:
Even going to fit my old prop wheels to get a comfier ride (am I getting old? :( )

Yes you are, ill swap you my standard suspension for your lowered one if it will help your back :)

:p

Going to have a car load of my daughters stuff to take up there as well so need all the comforting I can get.

and finally........

[albumimg]489[/albumimg]

For pretty much the first time ever bar pure motorway driving, ive hit the 300 mark with fuel to spare!

Heres my latest. I filled up at shell and have been a bit more careful than usual due to the 400 mile a week round trip to work. I managed to get a grand total of 379.9 including the further 10 miles after the fuel warning light came on before I got to the petrol station.

So I refilled up and put in exactly 37 litres, heres my maths:

37.00 / 4.55 = 8.1318 Gallons
379.9 miles / 8.1318 Gallons = 46.717 MPG

I took a picture at the petrol station with my phone of the dashboard, but when I got home to do my post on here it hadn't saved it. I do have one if there is any doubt with the fuel guage showing a quarter and 300.7 on the trip meter so far. Hopefully next week I'll be able to get similar results, I have however filled up at Jet as it was cheap :? at 114.9.

Cheap at 114.9 :rolleyes: I bet you wouldn't have said that this time last year.

379, wow .. i do 400 miles a week and never manage past 360!

Let us know how this next week goes :)

Just back from a 800+ mile weekend. Went up in the middle of the night with the car stuffed to the gills with my daughters things. Still got 44mpg though on "murco" super unleaded.

Filled up before I left Scotland today with bog standard 95 RON at Shell as they'd ran out of V-Power so I was a bit dubious as my car is mapped for super so thought it would run crap and not so good range.

I wasn't rushing so stuck to a steady 55-60 all the way home and stopping a couple of times. A mixture of 40 miles worth of B roads to start with, lots of motorway, A roads, diversion when the A1 was closed and home. Just clocked to 342.9 miles arriving home and the fuel light isn't on yet.

I'll get to work and back at least (40 miles) tomorrow and probably not have the fuel light come on.

I/Cherie ( ;) ) took loads of pics of the fuel gauge / odometer / sat nav on the way home to see the difference 17" wheels make on speedo / odometer accuracy. Will write up soon with pics.

Can I just mention I got 590 miles on a tank before filling up late last week?

But then my tank is a little bigger

:p

Oh yes.

The petrol ones are lucky to get 300 from a tank

I'm paying about the same per mile now as I was with the FRP when fuel was 80p / litre

Good timing I think in retrospect.

If you can get one of the ultra rare smart fortwo diesels you can hit 90mpg. But then you have to drive a smart fortwo, so not quite got the punch i expect your jag has. Is it the twin turbo one?

Noooo.

It's the 2-litre Mondeo unit, but with a Synergy module which adds 20-30 bhp and a huge bucketload of extra torque.

Still doesn't make it a Puma though.

:?

My fuel light came on this morning at 332.4 miles and she's been running on Vpower. It usually makes an appearance between 300-310 on standard unleaded.

I can't assume the increase is all down to the fuel without filling it up a few more times on Vpower, which I won't be able to do just yet anyway, as the Shell garage on my way to work hasn't had any for the last week or more.

Wow four pages, what a thread! Guess it shows how concerned we all are with fuel prices. When i bought mine in 2006 the last thing i though about was fuel consumption, now its dicatating what and how people drive.

You know the computer thing you can access by holding the button down and turning ignition on, one feature on there shows the estimated miles left in tank-anyone know how accurate this is? I'm guessing not very??

Some people think it's accurate, some people think it is not.

Some people think it's not even an "Esitmated miles left" gauge.

Dal said:
Some people think it's accurate, some people think it is not.

Some people think it's not even an "Esitmated miles left" gauge.

I would have thought it was an estimated miles left gauge, but can only be so accurate as the distance you could cover will vary greatly depending how you drive. Next time I fill up I'll 0 to trip and add some redex i got for my birthday, see what I can get driving reasonably (proving tricky as I'm still enjoying having the new car!)

Latest posts

Back