Vpower / MPG discussion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been running on regular Shell this week, will put up the results of a tank too, full to the top, currently at halfway.

Just checked my spreadsheet:

Esso 42.86
Tesco 36.36
Shell 43.61
Shell 44.29

We shall see how my experiment pans out. :eek:k:

Well when i was halfway i was at 170 miles so by that logic 340 is possible, in reality 300 is better, if i hit 300 then im happy, it basically means the fuel pays the extra cost itself.

Cherie said:
Just checked my spreadsheet:

Esso 42.86
Tesco 36.36
Shell 43.61
Shell 44.29

We shall see how my experiment pans out. :eek:k:

:grin: You have it on a spreadsheet.

DradusC. I have done your challenge. I have had more than 300 miles from a tank. Twice infact.

Once on V-power and then again on Sainsbury's Super unleaded.

Am I right in thinking the ECU learns that you are using better fuel so it takes a couple of fills on Stella, sorry, Premium before you get the full benifit?

Jasper said:
I have done your challenge. I have had more than 300 miles from a tank. Twice infact.

I should hope so.

This was the FRP on Tesco bog ordinary

300Up.jpg

Rob P

@Jasper, unfortunately not, some ECU's will but the Puma is hard coded to 95 RON unless you get it remapped like Dal has.

I've just hit 300 and the light is not on yet, will post up on empty...

I would recommend a re-map : I am definately getting more MPG on a regular basis post mapping. And that's been on both engines and normal / super comparisons before any smartypants realises it's been 2 different engines.

Remind me on sunday Yoda and we'll have a chat if your still coming to the meet :)

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/overview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... icletype=1

When I saw you only can get 300 kms out, I really was thinking whaaat :shock: ... I know few mates over here in Belgium and they can get 500 kms out of it... Depending on how they drive ofcourse.

Regz

Well heres my offering, and this is off a tank of Morrisons standard unleaded. I am assuming we are taking pictures when the warning light has just come on. If Shell were a bit cheaper in my village, I would be tempted to see what I get from a tank full.

[albumimg]469[/albumimg]

Moesh said:
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/overview/17-Ford/159-Puma.html?esearch=1&vehicletype=1

When I saw you only can get 300 kms out, I really was thinking whaaat :shock: ... I know few mates over here in Belgium and they can get 500 kms out of it... Depending on how they drive of course.

Regz
300 for us is 300 miles, not kilometres. So that's about right.

Took a pic last night and it was showing a smige under half a tank and 196 miles. That was after a alot of motorway but still some ragging it too. Im amazed at the economy of it i really am, it seems to be getting better with each fill up, ill post the pic later.

I always use Shell fuel and always have.

Last tank went 295 miles before the light came on with mostly 8 mile trips to work and back again and one motorway run.
Filled up after 305 miles and worked out about 37mpg.

Used to be about 40, but had a hole in the back box and shot front bushes. So new exhaust fitted so hopefully should be better.

Filled up with V-Power to see if I get any more mpg.

Had to fill up with Tesco's super (99 RON) as I was nowhere near my usual Esso. Looks like this tank will be crap in comparison. Did do a bit of blasting on the meet yesterday, but nothing out of the ordinary for at least 10-20 miles per tank. At about 110 miles and nearly used half a tank! Usually 140-150 by now.

:(

I got 348 miles out of my last tank and still had 2 litres in there when I filled up so I reckon 370 was easily achievable but as I only fill up at shell along this particular road I didn't want to drive the extra 20 miles to see as that would have put me at a total garage which is at least 2p more a litre than the shell :|

I do have a picture along with the car hitting 60000 at the same time but can't be bothered to get them off the phone yet.

Back