Vpower / MPG discussion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As if I would... I'm nice me - hatchets buried and all that.

:)

I wonder if V-power is cheaper in Chester?

(Trying in vain to get back on topic...)

So far....

pumafueltest1.jpg

Hard to tell really Chris. As a guideline:

100 miles to 1/4 used : 150-160 to 1/2 : 240 to 1/4 left and 300 to light is a good benchmark as to what I get running about.

In my 1.7 anyway.

:eek:k:

My figures vary a bit but generally in my 1.7...

105 to 1/4, 200-210 to 1/2 and 330 to Warning Light.

Ok, only thing which will affect mine is that this tank is gonna be used up doing pretty short runs. I'm working 4 days a week, travelling 10/12 miles each way, so that won't help. I am driving like a nun though to give myself as good a chance of possible!

Chris, enjoy though we all are trying to save petrol at the min, dont forget the reason you bought it in the first place. Remember to have fun, otherwise you might as well of bought a yaris diesel!

Chris, they're not short runs really. There's plenty of time there to get the engine warmed up, just remember to not accelerate too hard until it is. ;)

Look on the bright side too, 12 miles each way, 4 days a week, for a year is only 5k miles you're putting on the clock. ;)

Dradus- Oh don't worry, I think this will be the only really economical tank It uses tbh. Just want to see what it CAN do, so I can compare this to my old Ibiza.

Cherie-Unfortunately, come September and I'm back at uni again, I'll be covering a few hundred miles a week easily, just lot less at the moment as I'm on hols off Uni. Still, that's reason I got a low mileage example as I knew I;d be doing reasonably high miles.

That's what I did; bought mine Nov 06 on 29,000 between then and now it's reached 64,000.

I tend to do around 400 miles per week.

red said:
That's what I did; bought mine Nov 06 on 29,000 between then and now it's reached 64,000.

I tend to do around 400 miles per week.

Yeh I'll do around that per week I reckon. mines at 52k now I think, so for a 2001 it's very good, and I plan on keeping it quite a while which is the important thing. Plus I only have 2 years of uni left and after that I wont be travelling as much so it;ll go down a bit.

chris3boro said:
Plus I only have 2 years of uni left and after that I wont be travelling as much so it;ll go down a bit.

:eek: Will you be clocking it backwards after uni then? :lol:

Yeah that's what I thought; I was commuting 250 miles a week for uni... when I got a job it increased instead of decreased :?

red said:
chris3boro said:
Plus I only have 2 years of uni left and after that I wont be travelling as much so it;ll go down a bit.

:eek: Will you be clocking it backwards after uni then? :lol:

Yeah that's what I thought; I was commuting 250 miles a week for uni... when I got a job it increased instead of decreased :?

There's a thought..haha. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Assuming you paid about £1.18 for a litre, you're getting about 37mpg PB ;)

20 / 1.18 = 16.9 litres

16.9 / 4.54 = 3.73 gallons

140 / 3.73 = 37.5 mpg

Christ! :shock:

I think i paid about £1.14 per litre

Thats taking it steady, around town driving....

Not bad for a big 2 litre car, well pleased

It has a MPG counter on the dash but im not sure if its accurate or not.

Going to scarborough next week so ill see what she does on a run

Puman Being said:
Christ! :shock:

I think i paid about £1.14 per litre

Thats taking it steady, around town driving....

Not bad for a big 2 litre car, well pleased

It has a MPG counter on the dash but im not sure if its accurate or not.

Going to scarborough next week so ill see what she does on a run

Do you have a cougar?

Back